Grooming Advice

Izzy

Sleepy Izzy

Barked: Mon Dec 4, '06 7:35am PST 
I took my new puppy to the Groomer (Petsmart) this past weekend, and they cut his body hair way too short and the hair on his legs is not trimmed evenly. It looks like they didnt finish, any suggestions on where I can take him (I live in Michigan) or should I just let it grow back?
Tucker

Come on! Let's- go!

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '07 6:30pm PST 
I say let it grow back and do the grooming yourself. It took me a little while to get the hang of it but I groom my own dog. In my area, grooming cost about $60 and my dog comes back looking like a schnauzer (sp). I'm sure I don't do the best job in the world but at least he doesn't come home shaved like he just joined the marines!
GB

Big love in a- little package

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '07 9:27am PST 
I groom GB myself. I got a cordless, rechargeable mustache trimmer that I use. I also got grooming tips from online (Yorkshire Terrier Club of America). I can do the job in a lot less time than it takes to get an appointment. Also GB is not traumatized by waiting all day in a cage for the groomer to get to him. One groomer I talked to wanted to keep him all day but couldn't give him food or water. After 4 hrs, I came back to get him, and they gave me someone elses Yorkie! That made me leery about strange groomers.

Alex

Let's fetch!

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '07 1:24pm PST 
I would say just let it grow. I had to have my haircut too because I did not let my mommy or daddy comb my belly and I got mats! They are calling me Bambi now because my skinny legs!
It has been two weeks since my haircut and it has already started growning. I think it will jsut take a litte time. In the meantime, enjoy the cool!
Jobi

Clown Dog

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 7:52am PST 
save yourself money and learn to groom yourself. if you have a dominent dog, lay him /her on their back and play a bit until they get use to this. good training for staying still for grooming sessions.
invest in a good pair of scissors cause yorkie hair is soft and you need good scissors to cut it. i use to groom one part of his body then let him go for a half hour. then do another part etc...