The History of the Welcome Waggin'- come share your stories

♥Emma- CSD♥

Will work for- biscuits

Barked: Wed Apr 7, '10 9:25am PST 
The Welcome Waggin' is coming up on it's 3 year annifursary in early June. For those of you who are new...

We were not always called Welcome Waggin'. We started as a one month Adopt-a-pup/Kitty Mentor Program. The idea was to pair up newbies with Catster/Dogster veterans in a Big Brother/Big Sister relationship. At the end of the first month, the idea had become so popular that we decided to continue as a group.

We announced a contest to re-name ourselves as a group, and it was Morgan the Pirate Gato who submitted the winning entry of Welcome Waggin'. This was appropriate, because we were set up to welcome new members.

As we near our annifursary- we are hoping to re-focus on what we were initially set up to do...to pair up veterans with newbies. Catster/Dogsterland can be a confusing place at first, and a mentor to help show you around, give you page decorating tips, help you make friends...this is a good thing.

We will start new threads for those who want a mentor, and one thread for those veterans who want to be a mentor. We are hoping that getting back to our roots will make us stronger and make Catster/Dogsterland a more welcoming place for all.

We hope that everyfur will participate!

Woofs and Wags!
Emma
Bailey NWD

Bailey- Blinkerson- Eskiwowow Raiman

Barked: Mon Apr 12, '10 6:54am PST 
I was new to Dogster when that Adopt-a-thon started. I was invited to join the group (I think by Georgie) and receive a mentor. I thought it was great. I did not know what to do on Dogster or how to do things and really wanted to learn. I was given a wonderful mentor, Muffin, who was very sweet and introduced me to others and answered my questions. I became active in this group and it was one of the only groups I was active in at the time. I was so happy when I found it would become permanent. I made some great friends here and this was the first group that I was given an opportunity to become an admin in. I think of this group like family.
Mrs. Trudy

No Snoop Left- Behind

Barked: Mon Apr 26, '10 3:59am PST 
I remember when Bailey was new! snoopy I was asked in the beginning to be a mentor...I thought it was such a neat concept to have a group dedicated to welcoming new dogs and kitties. There aren't many groups that combine dogs and cats and I thought it was a super idea.

I started out as a mentor and I would say half of the matches lasted in long relationships. Some came and went, but there is one special pup named Molly who I will never forget. She was new to dogster and really one of the sweetest pups I had ever met. We kept in touch for over a year and would just pmail each other for friendship. I certainly miss her. hughughug

♥Ging- er- Belle&hearts- ;

Small but tough!

Barked: Thu Apr 29, '10 9:12am PST 
I met my beloved husband here, and we were the first couple to get married at the WAGS! What a special memory this is for us both...WW will always have a special place in my heart.