* Tessa's Tips* Share Yours!

(Page 8 of 37: Viewing entries 71 to 80)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  [Last 10 entry]  
Tessa

You may- approach.

Barked: Thu Feb 12, '09 6:04am PST 
FEBRUARY 12, 2009 - VINEGAR FOR CLEAN EARS

I saw in Thatch's question thread that there was discussion about ear health. Here is an inexpensive remedy to try.

From apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com
Vinegar Ear Wash:

Unfortunately a large percentage of dog and cat visits to the veterinarian are for ear problems, but the good news is, you can help reduce these visits by cleaning your pet's ears on a regular weekly basis.
An inexpensive way to do this is to dip a soft cotton ball into a solution of equal parts apple cider vinegar and water, and use it to swab the inside of his or her ear.

For an infected ear, use 5 ml of the 50hi50 vinegar water solution per 20 lbs (9 kg) of body weight, applying the solution with a syringe obtained from your local pharmacy. Gently rub in the solution then wipe the inside of the ear with a soft cotton ball. This should be done daily for 5 days.

The vinegar helps to control the growth of unfriendly bacteria and other microorganisms that are a common cause of ear infections, and as a result, this will help keep your pets from scratching their ears.
Shelby

Ready to go!

Barked: Thu Feb 12, '09 7:07pm PST 
Mom tried the vinegar in my ears tonight. I liked it! She did her ears, too, 'Cause she does to herself what she puts me through...big laughbig laughbig laughWe will let you know!
PORTER

BAN THE DEED NOT- THE BREED

Barked: Thu Feb 12, '09 7:43pm PST 
I must say that vinegar has not worked for us .....I know many that use it with good results , but it has not gave us good results .

We can't even use the all natural cleaners that have vinegar as just one of the ingredients

We stick with the Vet Solutions ear cleaner ....only thing that we have found that does not irritate the lab ears that need cleaned very often

Tessa

You may- approach.

Barked: Fri Feb 13, '09 10:02am PST 
I'm so happy to see response posts concerning this thread! Thank you, Shelby and Porter!

THIS GROUP IS ALL ABOUT EXCHANGING INFORMATION AND EXPERIENCES!!!
PORTER

Barked: Fri Feb 13, '09 5:39pm PST 
Us too way to goway to goway to goway to go TESSA wave
Tessa

You may- approach.

Barked: Sat Feb 14, '09 10:36am PST 
FEBRUARY 14, 2009 - VALENTINES DAY

My brother, Fitz, wants to share with you his favorite Valentine rollover, it moves so give it a second:

Happy Valentines Day!
Shelby

Ready to go!

Barked: Sat Feb 14, '09 11:38am PST 
big laughbig laughHI, Fitz, that is funny.

Day three of the vinegar and water ear treatment for me. My bad ear does not smell "cheesy", no irritation, and it's looking good! Keep your paws crossed. Daddy accussed mom of douching (Sp?) my earbig laughbig laugh
HarleyDavids- on THD, CGC

Loved to be- loved

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 8:04am PST 
Tessa big laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh

Shelby: My momma is still laughing about what you daddy said.laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
Tessa

You may- approach.

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 3:46pm PST 
FEBRUARY 15, 2009 - CALMING TRIVIA

From the book New Choices In Natural Healing For Dogs & Cats.

"Research has shown that sound causes physical changes in the body. Music with a rhythm of about 60 beats a minute, for example, slows electrical activity in the brain, causing pets to feel more relaxed and peaceful, says Dr. Mary Lee Nitschke, Ph.D. It also slows breathing and heartbeat and helps the body's metablolism work more efficiently.

Edited by author Sun Feb 15, '09 3:55pm PST

SNOWBALL

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 3:51pm PST 
laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
  (Page 8 of 37: Viewing entries 71 to 80)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  [Last 10 entry]