How did you choose your dog's name?

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
BAM-BAM

Sure I\'m- pretty, but I\'m- BAD TO THE BO

Barked: Wed Apr 5, '06 4:55pm PST 
I've wanted a dog my entire adult life...(and I'm in my early 50's!)

So, while I waited for my dream to come true, I thought up pages & pages of names for my future dog (that's if i ever GOT one...) I had names for females, males, little dogs, big dogs, cutesy names & tuff dog names...

My dream finally came true on September 23, 2005 in the form of an 8-week old, male Maltese puppy.

I named him: Bam-Bam

(It's from "The Flintstones", a cartoon from my childhood). It was cute (like Bam-Bam himself), short & snappy, and not too common.

I love his name, but Bam-Bam could care less: because when I call him he only comes when & if he feels like it ! All that work for nothing...Oh well !
SO, HOW DID YOU DECIDE ON YOUR DOG'S NAME?
Tama

Fashion- my- Passion

Barked: Thu Apr 6, '06 6:01pm PST 
I'm named after a Japanese anime. The character Tamahome, from Fushiigi Yuugi. Mom calls me Tama for short.
Little Boo

You can never- have too many- toys.

Barked: Thu Apr 6, '06 6:02pm PST 
My name came from my Dad, his name was Boo. So I'm Little Boo. We are white like ghosts.
You can call me Boo for short.

Pepper

FEAR- ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- !

Barked: Thu Apr 6, '06 6:06pm PST 
Pepper is my name because I have a Spice for life and my favorite color is red. They first toy I picked out when I came home was the cats red chili pepper. So my great Grandma named me Pepper. I was going to be called nutmeg, for my colors, but I'm a true Pepper.

Edited by author Thu Apr 6, '06 6:06pm PST

♥- Bambi- ♥

LITTLE DOODLEBUG

Barked: Fri Apr 7, '06 9:03am PST 
I was named Bambi because when I was first brought to my new home at 6 weeks old, my furless family thought I looked like a baby deer and the name Bambi came to mind. Also, the Disney movie classic by the same name is a favorite around here! =)
Abby Grace

A little human- trapped in a- doggy suit!

Barked: Sun Apr 9, '06 8:56pm PST 
When my mom and dad adopted me at 7 weeks, they knew they wanted to give me a human girl's name. While mom had lists and lists of names she loved, Dad didn't like any of them!!! (How frustrating is that?!) Olivia, Sophie and Bella were some of mom's favorites, but of course, she hit a roadblock with Dad. So, that meant it was back to the drawing board.

After consulting baby name Web sites, mom compiled a new list. The only name that dad really liked was Abby and the reason was because it reminded him of the Abbey Road album by the Beatles. Mom liked Abby too...she is an ER fan and liked nurse (now doctor) Abby Lockhart....so finally, FINALLY, a deal was reached. My second name is Grace, after my Dad's mom who passed away a few weeks before I was born.
Suzy- ♥- Dreyfus

Gramma Suzy

Barked: Thu Apr 13, '06 6:57am PST 
I comed with my name. It's Elbo's Black Eyed Susan. Elbo is my kennel name and I'm named Black Eyed Susan because I was borned with eye trouble and lost my eye at three weeks of age. My show friends call me One Eyed Suzy. I hates that! I'm very sensitive. My mother corrects everyone asking them to please call me Sweet Suzy.

I like Sweet Suzy! When I'm naughty it's "SUSAN"!
Lucy

Born to Shop!

Barked: Thu Apr 13, '06 2:49pm PST 
My mom named me after the song, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. She says it is a perfect name for me cause I am full of shenagins like Lucy in the Tv show, I Love Lucy. My brother Orion was named after Orion Nebulous, the dog star and my sister, Aurora, was named after the Northern lights.

Edited by author Thu Apr 13, '06 2:51pm PST

Aurora,- loving- memory- (96-09)

Barked: Thu Apr 13, '06 2:49pm PST 
I am Lucy's sister and I was named after the Northern lights.

Edited by author Thu Apr 13, '06 2:52pm PST

Princess- Peanut- Butter- Husted

Love and be- loved

Barked: Fri Apr 14, '06 8:52pm PST 
My Name is Peanut ButterCup and I got my name because I was playing in a big big big (bigger than me) bag of peanuts from sam's club when my mommy got me i had a boys name and i was playing in the bag of peanuts and out i came with a big peanut in my mouth and mommy said "YOU LIL NUT LOOK AT YOU" and she called me peanut, my brother and sister added buttercup to me so here we are
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4