GO!

Thinking of getting a greyhound...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Monty - My Angel- June'09

The big beast :)

Barked: Fri May 15, '09 1:43pm PST 
Hey all!

I am thinking of getting a greyhound smile I work at a vet clinic and have seen a couple adult greyhounds come in recently and I have fallen in love. They seem like GREAT dogs and perfect for my lifestyle.

I do have a question which I am not sure is a stupid question, but here it goes...
Greyhound vs. Italian greyhound?....difference?

Please tell me the good, bad and AMAZINGness of the greyhound breed so I can better know if these guys are the breed for me

smile
Thanks in advance!
[notify]
JJ"S Stinger

To sniff where- no one has- before.

Barked: Wed Aug 5, '09 6:42pm PST 
Greyhounds are great pets if you a big dog. They are so loyal . And loving animals.

As for the italian greyhounds they are the same way just are smaller.

I think it is easier to adopt a greyhound than it is to find/adopt a italian greyhound. But that is just me. It depends on where you live.

Good luck and let me know if you do get one. I can answer any questios you may have.
[notify]
Holly

PawTrotter - iPhone app for- pet owners

Barked: Mon Jan 25, '10 2:07pm PST 
Also keep in mind that the female greys are much smaller both in weight and stature than the males. My female greyhound is just slightly larger than a whippit but she is much smaller than a full size male greyhound.

Ryan
www.pawtrotter.com - iPhone app for pet owners
[notify]