GO!

Greyhound Territorial About His Bed

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lucy, Pretty- Lil' Angel

Swallowed a- Whistle

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '09 4:46pm PST 
Hello everyfurwave

I'm OBVIOUSLY not a Greyhound laugh out loud-, but one of my best furiends is. His name is Champ and he left the track less than a year ago. He is a VERY good boy but sometimes he can be very territorial about his bed and growls and snaps when someone gets too close to his bed.

Are any of you territorial about your bed? Is there something we can do to help him become less aggressive when someone gets too close to his bed?

Greytful for any advice you can offer.

Edited by author Tue Apr 21, '09 5:32pm PST

Rocket&Cassie

pointydogs- represent!

Barked: Sun May 3, '09 7:06pm PST 
Space/sleep aggression happens occasionally in greyhounds - track-housed dogs always have their own crates, so they're never disturbed when they are in their 'apartment' sleeping. Makes sense, right?

It's a personality quirk, and easily avoidable by not bugging the dog while it's sleeping or on its bed. If the dog displays space/sleep aggression, I would STRONGLY suggest not sharing your personal bed with them, for obvious reasons wink
[notify]