GO!

Ichy skin

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Jayde

Jaydee girl

Barked: Fri Apr 3, '09 5:30am PST 
Well here we go again snows gone and we are chewing our paws again! Im on a good food "bark at the moon" now itching all winter so we are thinking enviromental allergies any suggestions on what to do now??? Dont want to have a bald golden again
[notify]
Goldie

Barked: Mon Feb 15, '10 1:19pm PST 
Hi, my name is Goldie and I itch and my belly gets red and spotty we have tried all the shampoos, yuccas, shots,meds , change in foods and a whole lot more. We are going to try a chest protector to see if that helps along with taking omega 3 fish oil pills. I anyone out there is using a chest protector please let me know how it works for you and where I can get one to fit me, I am 88lbs. Thanks All..............Goldie
[notify]

Barked: Mon May 7, '12 11:43am PST 
Wellness CORE is based on the raw feeding philosophy of providing nutrient-rich, high-quality meat to a dog's diet. Each grain-free recipe is packed with meat.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 1:05pm PST 
Jayde, tell your mom to switch your food to a grain-free food that does not include any fish ingredients. No wonder you are so itchy! She said you are eating Orijen 6 fish and you are probably allergic to it! Also, add a coconut oil supplement to your meal daily. Start with about 1/4 tsp as a snack or mixed in with your food. Get Coco-therapy Coconut Oil if you can. It's the best! If you have to, just get a jar of store brand organic coconut oil at the grocery store. It will do in a pinch. Coconut Oil is really good for you. It will help with inflammation, like itchy skin, and you can put it on the spots that are really bothering you for immediate relief and to promote healing. The best grain-free dry food option for a doggie in your position right now is Nature's Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Formulas. The Turkey or the Duck would be good options for you. Because you are a golden retriever you should be eating a poultry-based diet, but not any chicken for right now. As good as Orijen dog food is, it probably isn't the best option for you because they put fish in every formula that they make. Golden's tend to have allergies to fish so stay away from any and all fish for a while, like at least a year from when you start to get relief from symptoms. Once you are feeling better you can have an occasional meal with some beef, lamb or venison and see if you tolerate these proteins well, but not all the time. You can even try having some fish from time to time after you are better to see if you really are allergic to it. If you have any other questions, tell your mom to call me. I own a nutrition store for dogs and cats down in Houston, TX and I am always happy to help people who don't know what to do to help their pets feel better. smile
[notify]
Spike

Life Companion

Barked: Fri Feb 21, '14 6:12pm PST 
So thyroid seems to be the issue? My bud has these rings of dry spots. I have no idea .hot spots are usually pussy and such these are dry and flakey. Any ideas?dog
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2