GO!

Ichy skin

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Jayde

Jaydee girl

Barked: Mon Jul 21, '08 6:47pm PST 
Does anyone have itchy skin problems? We are going to try switching foods but my girl is scratching and chewing her legs, butt we have no bugs blue dog believe me we checked from head to tail!!!!I have heard Goldens have sensitive skin any advice to a new golden owner?(had a black lab who didnt have this ever)
[notify]
Jackson RA

If it's not- movin's, I'm not- chasin' it.

Barked: Sat Aug 2, '08 9:30am PST 
You can try using some anti-itch shampoo. You can buy it at Dr. Foster and Smith. Here is the weblink. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3307+12558+ 549&pcatid=549

I hope it works.
[notify]
Jayde

Jaydee girl

Barked: Sun Sep 14, '08 5:42am PST 
Ok im still ichy chewy and driving mom crazy and myself! I eat Oriegen 6 fish food i have good grain free treats what can we try next i dont want my girl to chew or scratch herself raw! Any suggestions ive never had a pup do this for so long.frownfrownfrownshrugshrug Should i try a different food if so what kind?The vet thinks it could be grain free but alot of vets dont really like that grain free stuff or she says it could be environmental allergies.Any help would be greatly appreciateddog
[notify]

Sassi

miss sassi (shes- sassi at times)

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '08 6:58am PST 
It could be allergies I am a female golden and I itch all the time and my brother doesnt my mom and dad think I have allergies and also it could be just a bad habit because I will stop itching if they tell me to Good Luck

Edited by author Mon Sep 15, '08 6:58am PST

[notify]
Madisyn

Its all about- me....Madie!!!!

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '08 9:04am PST 
Madie has the same problem. My poor girl has scabs and missing patches of hair. I know her vet said it looks like she may have allergies to the grass.....her poor belly turns pink/red.
[notify]
Jayde

Jaydee girl

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '08 5:12pm PST 
Hey guys my mom has a friend who owns a pet store and she gave my mom this stuff to try called Yucca Scidgiara it helps everything from allergies to hips joints etc.... website is www.holisticblend.com we are going to give it a try its better than scratching and chewing.My vet says she believes its allergies and when we start to get frost (cold) my allergies should calm down if its not food related.
[notify]
Jayde

Jaydee girl

Barked: Sun Oct 5, '08 6:33pm PST 
Well my vet now put me on a med called Vanectyl its like prednisone for 14 days within a few hours i stopped itching and chewing!!!cheercheer I have patches of hair missing on all my legs mom was going as crazy as i was! Now she just wants my hair to grow back so i dont look like a new breed of golden, BALD laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud.How is everyone elses itching? My vet says she has 3x the amount of dogs and cats this year for itchy allergy skin, thats crazy.
[notify]
Dakota

Mr Honey Bear

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '08 5:18am PST 
Hi everyone,
I have the same problam! Mom spoke to my Vet about it and I was examined. The vet tested my Thyroid and it turns out that I have a borderline Thyroid problam, he prescribed a special shampoo that doesn't irritate my skin and dermacaps oral supplement. I was also on Iams dogfood, and I was constantly thowing up . So mom went online and researched different dogfoods. She switched me to a brand called Canindae All life stage formula. Since then, I haven't
thrown up and my skin is doing better, and my coat is fuller and and more lusterous! My skin doesnt flake as much anymore. Your problam could be due to allergy of some sort or like me a slight Thyroid problam. Consult your Veterinarian.
[notify]
Jayde

Jaydee girl

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 11:10am PST 
Thanks dakoda My vet said if i didnt clear up she was going to test my thyroid i thought that was kinda weird didnt think that would be connected to my scratching!!! Ive been on a chinese herb called clear allergies and on Solid Gold bark at the moon and im doing better but still might get that test on the thyroid done just to make sure.My moms way to over protective because of what happened to my sister Saybel but shes getting abit bettercheer Im getting these treats called Zinpro for skin and coat i get 4 a day yummydancing
[notify]
Bálin

'Don't eat- yellow snow, or- brown snow!'

Barked: Fri Feb 6, '09 9:20am PST 
I have a similar problem, I honestly think it's the Orijen.... my puppy is 9 weeks. He's a bit ichy, chewy and he has the eye boogers that's on another forum. Today he is getting switched to another food. I didn't think Orijen would cause this but I'm finding that it can't possibly be anything else...I'll keep you posted as to what I switch him to and if it helps!!dog
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2