GO!

Has anyone's GSD died of...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Rogen

Can we play?- Huh? Can we?- Huh?

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 10:38pm PST 
I don't know why I'm posting this as I am crying as I'm doing this. I lost my Rogen nearly 3 weeks ago and I can't take the pain anymore. He was my first MY dog and he was my world.

I feel so cheated as he was going to turn only 8 years old in January. He was in Congestive Heart Failure, had an enlarged heart, two swollen legs and body, his liver was enlarged too or could have been a mass.

Has anyone else gone through this with their Shepherd? I don't know what I expect to get by answers, maybe some peace of mind?

The grief is so intense and I am so lonely. I am just so angry that his life was cut short. I know I did the right thing by putting him down. He could have been treated, but even then he may have lived only another 3-6 months and that's if he responded, but he would still have been suffering. I couldn't do that to him.

Sorry, don't mean to vent, but I can't stand the pain anymore. I'm thinking of adopting another dog (not a GSD this time, but maybe later), and I'm hoping this dog will help me heal.

In any case, was just wondering if anyone else lost a dog to what I described.

Thanks.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 11:58pm PST 
I am so sorry for your losshughughug

My Dane died of heart failure, but I know nothing about GSDs and heart failure.
[notify]