GO!

Pano(growing pains)

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Mr. Krumm

Boooskinsss!

Barked: Mon Sep 7, '09 6:52am PST 
Krumm has issues with Pano a lot. I just switched him from Canidae ALS to Wellness Large Breed Puppy and so far so good! I would try to stay away from pain killers as much as possible. I did get Metacam for Krumm, but only used it on his absolute worst of days. It's hard on the liver.
[notify]
Saber

Du bist mein- schatz

Barked: Tue Feb 2, '10 2:07am PST 
well Sabe has been pain free for months now..i dont know if this is true or not but on my own i cut down the protein ..he was growing to fast and i think that was his problem ..he is good now, he turned 1 year old in janurary and is 85lbs.. still growing of course.
puppy
[notify]
Dieta

AKA Baby Face

Barked: Wed Feb 3, '10 12:15pm PST 
wow big baby Saber is adorable. Glad to hear Saber is better.

I do feed lower proteins when they are babies. So far no problems with Pano or other pains.
You are an awesome fur parent.
[notify]

Sophie CGC- CSD

da da dada da da- BAT DOG!!!!!

Barked: Thu Feb 11, '10 11:38pm PST 
The vet thought Sophie had Pano, it turns out she has elbow dysplasia instead. If the pain continues I'd recommend x-ray to confirm it is pano and not something much worse. The earlier dysplasia is diagnosed the better. I just wish I had x-rays her sooner before her joints were a complete mess.
[notify]
Jake

Why are you- making funny- noises at me :(

Barked: Fri Feb 12, '10 3:06pm PST 
Jake had a couple mild bouts of Pano around 5 or 6 months, if I recall correctly. It was never so awful that he would scream, but it definitely caused limping and some whimpering. We just kept exercise to a minimum (he still wanted to play rough with us, bless his heart!)
[notify]
Ripley

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 5:37am PST 
Ripley had her first bout of Pano, which was triggered by her first heat. It cleared up when she was spayed.way to go
[notify]

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 3:30pm PST 
I have a 2 month old female. When she lays down on the couch she will let out a couple litte whines, grunts and she moves around like she isnt very comfortable. This is the 3rd night I have had her and she done it every night. Is she starting to go through growing pains? If so what is the best thing I can do to help her? It kills me to hear how uncomfortable she sounds.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2