GO!

Right size for a dobie

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Fri Jul 9, '10 8:05pm PST 
Mom now has a dobie who will soon have his own page but there are some questions that she wants to ask. One is he too big or just right on his size. He is a whopping 100 pounds of black and red love and his head is even with moms hip when he is standing. Also how long should it take for him to grow a brain? He is 3 years old and mom says a big baby. He listens only to her and dad because they dont let him get by with anything.
[notify]
Damon - SD, CGC

I am my Mom's- velcro dog!!

Barked: Mon Nov 29, '10 10:11am PST 
He is big for a dobe.. My dobe is also very large for his breed. he is 88 pounds and still growing but he is also 30 1/2 inches at his shoulders.
[notify]
Morlav's- Ruff N Rowdy

I'm tough

Barked: Thu Feb 3, '11 10:39am PST 
He is big but so am I! LOL they are supposed to be a med dog in the us but german bred 9like me0 get a lot taller and bigger. No worries just more to love!
[notify]

Mack CD RE- CGC

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 12:44am PST 
I think it is typical for Dobes to only listen to their immediate family or whoever the boss is! lol! What you decribes sounds about right they are super obedient to their owners but ignore other peoples commands! lol! AKC's size regulation is 26-28 inches at the shoulders for a male. They don't go by weight. My male is right at 28 but because he is larger boned and quite muscular he weighs 101 lbs as well.
[notify]