GO!

tired of discrimination?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
TANK

I like to move- it, move it!

Barked: Thu Sep 29, '11 5:49am PST 
I know this is an OLD thread, but I think it should be revived applause Tank is still young which means he's SOOO adorable to everyone right now! I did have some one tell me that Dobermans are one of the most visually scary looking dogs of ALL? I told him, well, any dog charging at me barking and growling is scary looking to me wink

But as far as the simple appearance goes? I don't think Dobes look scary! I think they look sophisticated! That's part of the reason I started my blog! It seems that our breed was very popular "back in the day" and now....

I'd bet it has a lot to do with the Doberman discrimination factor...in fact that's how I even GOT Tank! happy dance

~Lady
[notify]
EVE

May All Your- Ribbions Be- Red,White,@Blue

Barked: Wed Dec 7, '11 5:20am PST 
Yes I to Am Facing the same thing.people just loved to walk over and play with my Dob Puppy, at schools and the parks, but now that my Doberman Pincher is all grown up,and (she is a Big girl) everyone sems to cross the street, scoop up their children, people say oohh you have to watch out for them Dobermans.Ya Im very upset people really should get educated.I have been at a few dog shows in my life,and there are a few small breeds that I would really think twice about being around.And that is no joke.And that is the truth.Lay off us Doberman Pincher People.
[notify]
Katana - (fallen not- forgotten)

Katana's the- name and- pleasin's the- game

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 10:41pm PST 
my dobe Katana is a Service Dog in Training for my husband. we were in a Rural King store over the summer and had a cashier ask what breed he was. When we told her she looked at us and all but screamed "OMG dont let him near me hes one of those breeds that eats people!" he had been nose to nose with a bunny in a cage a few minutes earlier and a baby just before we were told that he would eat people. Most people dont like dobes but he is such a gentle giant. First time I met him he did scare me but now I love the big lug to pieces.I would love another one but a pup the next time.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 8:49pm PST 
This is to Gunther. Two comments to you. First, I hate to tell you but the "white" is not an acceptable color for a doberman. A white Dobe is usually the byproduct of a "back yard breeder" and is frowned upon. A small 1/2" sq is acceptable on the chest, but that's it.
Two, on your comment about the ears. The ears must be cropped according to the AKC standards. Now if you are going to show internationally, they must be uncropped. Personally I prefer cropped. I did have a dog showing overseas and her ears were uncropped. Was not the standard I was used too but had to. And you really can't crop after 4 months and them stand. Once she was done with showing and breeding, I tried it just to see. They flopped lol. My baby won me awards and her title but best of all, she was the best snuggle bunnie one could ask for.
[notify]
Belle Roux- Melancon

***I'M SEXY AND- I KNOW IT!***

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '12 1:09am PST 
I have to admit that I avoid passing people on the sidewalk who are walking big dogs, simply because most people suck at "parenting" and I don't trust them not to bark at me and jump on me- it's rude and they should know better! Anyway, I find dobermans to be remarkably handsome dogs and am considering adopting one someday when I am moved to the appropriate home. I have a question though: because they are so protective, does anyone here have difficulty with their doberman and strangers entering the home that have been invited?
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3