GO!

The Excited Pee

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sammie

Throw the ball,- throw the ball,- THROW IT

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '09 2:38pm PST 
Sammie just celebrated her 5 month birthday and yet we can't get down the "excited pee" problem. She's 99.9% house trained but when ever anyone rings the door bell or my fiance and I come home from work she gets so excited when we go to pet her that she squats and pee's just a bit.

I'm allowed to bring my dog to work but I hesitate because I don't want her to have an "excited" accident at the office.

What's with that and how can we make it stop? So embarassing, for her and us.
[notify]
Wicket

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '09 8:52pm PST 
young puppys have very small bladders but this is not her fault. this is a common problem and she should outgrow it with time. Just dont yell or punish when she has an accident. if you are really worried about it contact a vet or get her some doggy dipers and take her to work anyways smile
[notify]
Wookiee

Operation- Stuffed Animal

Barked: Tue Feb 10, '09 8:07am PST 
Our pup had the same problem. I noticed it got significantly better when he was about 11 months. He has his rare moments but nothing like his earlier months. Good luck! He will outgrow it in no time.
[notify]