GO!

Out of curiousity

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Chloe

I'm not- spoiled...I'm a- princess

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 2:02pm PST 
I just bought a cocker spaniel from a breeder. The breeder had the dog bred at the vet. She said shes worried that the dog isnt full cocker spaniel b/c of the fur. I was wondering how long does it take for the fur to curl and or does it always have to be curly, Ive seen some cockers that werent. Please set my mind at ease.
[notify]
Tobbee- Tobster

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 5:16pm PST 
Hello and congrats on your new Cocker puppy....seems like it was just yesterday my lil guy was a puppy. He's almost 7.

Ok, to answer your question, both of my cockers have pretty straight fur, Tobbee has slightly more curly hair then our beloved Sundog, but I wouldn't worry about the hair curling so much.

Hope that alleviates your concerns....just love them and have fun....btw..they are foodie dogs (meaning they sit there and watch you eat and will eat pretty much anything. And no you can't ask me how I know this. Haha)

Good luck! And enjoy your new bundle of happiness.

Doug
[notify]
Indy

I'm the boss!

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '08 12:18pm PST 
My Indy has straight fur too, don't worry if yours doesn't curl
[notify]

Charlie

Barked: Thu Aug 7, '08 12:26pm PST 
Charlie has straight hair as well!
[notify]
Gracie

Shes a Lady

Barked: Thu Feb 12, '09 9:21pm PST 
Gracie fur get's really curly. Yet my Daughters Family own her sister and fur has no curl at all. Both so sweet.cloud 9
[notify]
Dexter

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 1:44am PST 
My Dexter's hair is fairly straight. It does get wavy when it gets longer. My family has had Cockers most of my life and we really only had a handful of cockers with curly hair. Usually the only hair that was remotely curly was on the ears.
[notify]