GO!

De Catting Sheets...How?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 9:07am PST 
A bundle of cotton sheets fell on the floor in the spare room and I guess Chii and Felicia found the perfect potty. I tried soaking the sheets three different times-bleach, baking soda, heavily scented soap and they still smell like litterbox. I have a spray called OdoBan that someone said you can use in laundry, I haven't tried it yet and I don't want to throw out the sheets...suggestions???
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 11:07am PST 
Try soaking them in white vinegar. Vinegar is good for cleaning pet accidents and removing smells.

Edited by author Sun Jan 6, '13 11:09am PST

[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 7:52pm PST 
Try soaking the sheets in an enzyme neutralizing cleaner (like Nature's Miracle).

I'd give white vinegar a try too, and would also try bagging the cleaned sheets VERY well and popping them into the deep freeze for a week.
This works incredibly well for a number of different smells as freezing kills a lot of odour-causing bacteria.
[notify]

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 9:25am PST 
I've got them soaking with the vinegar, then I'll do a soak of the Nature...and if that doesn't work I'll try the freezing next. Never heard of that but definitely worth a try!!! Thankslittle angel
[notify]
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 7:07pm PST 
Usually just a wash with Natures Miracle or Pure Ayre added works for me.
[notify]