GO!

The "new" Couch...woof

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 10:19am PST 
Oy, just before the holidays one of our more well heeled neighbors probably changed the color scheme of their living room or something and put out a beautiful couch. The fabric isn't that thick nubby stuff but it doesn't look fragile either. Kind of medium denim weight. It was beeyoutiful, we had to put it under the living room window due to the layout of the house-TV, radiator and fireplace all take up wall space.

So you know what happened of course...when I leave the house everyone sits in the front window and bounces watching me go. I really didn't thing the cushions were THAT fragile. Of course we never had two sixty pound dogs before either. Anyway, whats done is done, guess their claws and weight combined split the center cushion...on both sides...
Suggestions on what to throw over it, I can sew reasonably well, but what fabric is way strong yet comfortable for a family couch? snoopy

Edited by author Wed Jan 16, '13 2:19pm PST

[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 1:43pm PST 
Oh, lol! Whoops!

Corduroy is really strong. I use throw rugs on my couches as well. JT is forever inside the curtain of my bay window growling at any one who dares walk past the house so I can't put anything there, he'd probably try and jump through the window, lol.
[notify]