GO!

window screen into doggy door?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Harmony

Happy and HYPER!

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 3:11pm PST 
we have a window that is perfect height for a dog door. problem is we cant alter the house itself, so i was thinking what if i can turn the screen to the window into a dog door? how would i do it and still keep the bugs out but have the flap swing back and forth? ideas? the screen is about the size of a giant dog door for breeds like great danes, great pyrenees, or st. bernards. measurements are approx 2 feet wide and 3 feet tall.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 6:05am PST 
They sell something called a "magic mesh" you might look into. https://www.buymagicmesh.com/
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 8:32am PST 
You can buy doggie doors made specifically for screen doors. I had one in Calgary..worked great. It was a bit finicky to install, but was a godsend once we got it right. If/when you move you just need to replace the window screen to its original manner.
[notify]

Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 12:09pm PST 
We removed the window and screen and got a board cut to fit the window. Then we cut out out the size we needed to put in a doggie door we got from the stoor so it has a flap and a plastic piece that you can drop in to lock the doggie door. We can still pit the window and screen back in later if we want to.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 4:42pm PST 
buy the new one can open 2 side

Facebook ad Coupon
[notify]