GO!

Swiffer Wet - not safe for dogs?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3  
Logan

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 7:48pm PST 
I've used the wet Swiffer for years and have two cats and a dog. All of my animals are happy and healthy! It dries quickly and they are not allowed back on the floors until they are dry.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 6:50am PST 
I’m living proof that this is not a myth. About 2 weeks ago I cleaned my kitchen floors with the Wet Jet. The floors were still semi wet when my dog came into the house, something fell on the floor and he licked it up. I saw him lick the floor so I made him drink water right away and gave him some probiotics for his stomach. I didn’t realize that it would make him very sick within the next week. Last Tuesday he became very sick, throwing up constantly and totally out of it. We rushed him to the vet to find out that he had very high liver enzymes. His liver was swollen and he was extremely dehydrated. With medications there were able to get him back on his paws thankfully! I went through everything in the house to figure out how this happened and last night I remembered that he licked the floor. I googled info about this product and it states that it causes liver failure. We are going back to the vet tomorrow for a re-check, I’m praying everything comes back perfect and that his liver function is back to normal. I'm begging anyone that has this product to either throw it out or keep the dog out of the house until the floors are dry! I wouldn’t want anyone or their dog to go through this. We were lucky enough that he didn’t ingest a lot and we rushed him to the vet right away!dog
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3