GO!

So I learned about meat tenderizer today

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 12:47am PST 
I learned that if you massage meat tenderizer, or like papyain (from papayas) into the yellow stains on shirts, it breaks up the proteins that are causing that stain, so when you soak it and then wash it the stains go away. I wonder if meat tenderizer will break up pet stains as well? Has anyone else heard of this?
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 7:09am PST 
I have never heard of it used in that way but do know it can when mixed with a little water to make a paste,take away some of the swelling and itch of a flea or mosquito bite. Thanks for the tip,I'll have to try that.
[notify]
Webster

Eternally in- love with- Katie...

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 3:59pm PST 
I don't know for certain, but I really doubt that it would work on urine stains. The tenderizer works on proteins, as you noted, and I'm pretty sure that urine stains are either the result of acid/alkaline effects on the material or residue from the mineral content in the urine. It's worth a shot, though! way to go
[notify]