GO!

Cleaning after Parvo...

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3  
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Tue Jul 17, '12 10:14pm PST 
From what I have been reading the vaccines only really take effect until the whole course has been taken...basically not until the pups are around 1 year old. That is why many say to be careful where you take the pup and socialize with dogs you know. Many also think once a pup has survived parvo (ie, after fully recovering) they are immune to parvo, so the vaccine would be redundant.

Zephyr, that is a good idea about just spraying the area the pup went in, that way the whole yard would not have to be re-seeded.way to go
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 11:59am PST 
Sabi - I know I will never forget it. The first time I visited Jack the smell was so overwhelming I nearly threw up. Now that it's been a few days it has been easier to handle. I did throw away all of his toys and bedding, including Angel's toys because I wasn't sure which he had played with and bought brand new. I didn't even do that until I had already cleaned everything in the house just to make sure those didn't get infected as well.
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 12:09pm PST 
Zephyr I did that right before I saw your post lol. Also as far as playdates I wasn't planning on any for a while anyway, but 9 months sounds good.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 7:03am PST 
i bought a dog cage that the dog died from parvo .... what can i do to clean it my dog has had all shots ,,,, i didnt find out tell after i bought the cage
[notify]
May

May: A mutt with- a big heart

Barked: Sat Oct 26, '13 4:04am PST 
Bleach thouroughly and leave to dry in the sun, rinse and repeat. Op... i am so sorry about jack realising he didnt make it broke my heart.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 5, '14 10:02am PST 
I have a shepherd/corgi mix and a teacup chihuahua both over a year old. The bigger dog got Parvo after a trip up north for Christmas holiday...we had taken him to the emergency vet and they sent us home with sub dermal fluids to administer at home and antibiotics to prevent/fight any secondary infections. the day the big guy started eating and drinking (day 6 I believe) my 3 pound chihuahua got sick with vomit and diarrhea...here we go again and took her to the emergency room vet and they administered IV fluids then sent home with same home care directive. Gratefully I am truly amazed she made it! She is now just over 2 pounds...lost a lot of weight but is now eating more than ever before to regain. My concern now is that my daughter has a new pit puppy that was on the same trip with us however he has no symptoms as of yet thank Goodness!
How do I clean up now? I have several spots in carpet where they both lost control of their bowels and back yard was a mess. It has been less than a week and their stools are somewhat loose but formed. I have removed the stool but can I spray bleach mixture 1/30 parts and then maybe take out 3 inches of dirt all around the yard? Lucky for us the sod the landlord tried 2 years ago never took and its dead....I am thinking of removing the sod and about another 2 inches of dirt? Ideas or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3