GO!

MOM!! Welcome Home!! Let's Play Find the Source!!!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '12 6:33pm PST 
Tonight I came home from work to a horrendous smell. I CAN'T FIND where it is coming from. It wasn't the cat, but it has that extreme ammonia smell. It was so bad I had to open the windows and doors and sit outside for two hours before I could stand being inside -- in June.

It must have dried, because I can't find it anywhere visually. Is there some other way of tracking it, other than getting down on my hands and knees and sniffing 2440 square feet of carpet???? How do I get rid of it??? Febreeze and Lysol have done nothing but make it worse.

Note: the oldest has cancer and vomits daily all over the place, but disgustingly tends to, uhhh, "clean" it up himself if I don't catch him in time. So shampooing the entire carpet would be rather Sisyphean of me.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '12 9:18pm PST 
Well aside from getting down on all fours and sniffing it out yourself you could try using a black light. laugh out loud To clean it up use an enzyme pet odor eleminator (those cleaners also work on vomit.)
[notify]
Raskol

Paddle!- Paddle!- Splash!

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '12 5:21pm PST 
Scruffy -- ha ha black light. The smell dissipated. Eventually. smile Still don't know where or what it was. But thanks for the tip on the cleaner.
[notify]

Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 7:54pm PST 
Have you looked all around your roof/eaves? Something might have gotten in your attic.
[notify]
♥- DarlaMae - ♥

I Am- Iron Nose- !

Barked: Sun Jul 8, '12 5:48pm PST 
Yes was thinking of something got into the walls or attic too.silenced
hugAll the best for your Eldest pup.hug
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 5:32pm PST 
I had the same problem in my bedroom where Kali sleeps. I couldn't find the spot anywhere. So, I locked her in the bathroom for 1 night. I was shocked to see that she dribbled all over the place. There wasn't just one spot. She had covered the entire bathroom floor. It's a fairly big bathroom. So, I shampooed all my carpets and the smell went away. So, from now o, she wears diaper at night. I also have her on Proin, which helps.
[notify]