GO!

How does one clean a HEPA filter?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Sun Feb 5, '12 6:17pm PST 
I don't know if I can wash this one or not to be honest, but if I can how do I do do so? Other vacuum ran out of steam and is recharging so I grabbed the one from the shed. No idea how old the thing is or where it's been in it's life but it's got a higher horse power than the one that's now recharging. (Don't let a man buy a vacuum on his own please ladies. They have the worse ideas) Just the filters needed cleaning badly.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 8:32am PST 
My bissell has a HEPA filter and it can not be cleaned but if you order direct from the company you can always find them and usually at about half the cost of any of the retailers. Other brands probably have the same customer service type of site. I ordered spare belts,and multiples of the washable filters so that if one got clogged I could get the rest of the house done then wash them all at once. It made life much easier. Hope that helps.smile
[notify]