GO!

muddy feet!!!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 7:27am PST 
Thanks for the info. I will have to look for it. We may have to do things in stages as well but the first order of business will be the decorative asphalt. We want the pattern that looks like a flagstone walkway. That with a small dip on the side closest to the fence should take care of most of our mud problem. The plants can always come later.
[notify]
Luke

I came, I saw, I- chewed.

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 1:25pm PST 
Ugh. The back of our yard is always muddy too. The neighbors behind us have a sloped backyard so everything just seems to drain into our space. In the summer, it's worse because my kids use the sprinkler and the hose, etc. I try to move their water play around so I can water the grass along with their play time. smile
I'm shuddering at the muddy paws. Luke has gotten into a few muddy flower beds so far and it's a nightmare. I'm trying to desensitize him to the pan of water. Right now he freaks so I'm just taking it slow and with lots of praise. Worst case, I take a wet rag out with me. He doesn't mind that at all.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 11:36pm PST 
Luke,
Even wiping my pups paws,although it has helped still makes alot of extra dirt for me. I just got a new set of rubber-backed kitchen rugs before thanksgiving,we have had so much rain and therefore mud,that even after vacuuming them twice today,I had to take them out and shake the dirt out before I could wash them and I have a good vacuum,there was just too much for it to handle. I would try the pan of water but Mika won't even go outside if it's raining unless she just can't hold it any longer,the princess doesn't like her feet wet.
Good Luck with Luke.
[notify]

Luke

I came, I saw, I- chewed.

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 1:32pm PST 
Thanks! I have one of those steam mops for the kitchen floor. Nothing beats the old fashioned way to get the floor clean, but I needed something for quick cleanups. Sadly, it has taken residence in the corner of the kitchen since I use it so much. With the kids, I have to sweep the kitchen a few times a day in the summer. They have a huge sand box in the backyard. I guess I'll be adding steaming/mopping to that list. laugh out loud
Oh, and I'm totally on board with hosing everyone down in the backyard. I spray the kids off with the hose and Luke might get included on that action!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2