GO!

Pee smell on fence

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Mon Nov 21, '11 6:42pm PST 
hey,

Dunlop's favourite pee spot along the fence backs onto the driveway. Lately it's been smelling pretty rank so I washed the fence down with some dish washing detergent and some diluted dettol. What can I do apart from that to get rid of the smell or keep it under control?

With the summer heat and the humidity it can become an over powering stench. It's a metal colorbond fence that gets the full afternoon sun.
[notify]
Tyson

Ball?! Did- someone say- BALL?!!!!!

Barked: Tue Nov 22, '11 11:22am PST 
A spray bottle with vinegar should help. One of my hubby's cats likes to pee on my clothes if her litter box isn't up to her standard (meaning hubby isn't cleaning it naughty ). When I add the vinegar to both the wash and the rinse (I dilute my fabric softener with vinegar and water anyway), the smell goes away. It'll have a vinegar smell until it dries. I think the vinegar breaks down the proteins in the smell or something. Anyway, the stuff works like a charm and cat pee is probably the hardest thing I've ever tried to de-stink.way to go
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Fri Nov 25, '11 11:09pm PST 
Tyson you poor thing - cat pee is the pits. We had tom cats that used to spray the back door and the bushes near by. I think that smell was worse than any of the messes Dunlop has made!
[notify]

Charlie

Barked: Tue Nov 29, '11 9:17pm PST 
vinegar is one of my best friends. Other than my dogs. I use it for almost all household cleaning. works great on cat pee clothes, around toilet for those with messy little boys, and cleaning up floors. This is what I use in my kitchen and it cleans better than store bought cleaners. Since i started using it my house smells so much less like animal. I need to clean my car port with it as daisy goes to the bathroom on the cement and it now smells real bad.
[notify]