GO!

cleaning couches?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Mon Oct 31, '11 4:39pm PST 
What do you use to clean your couches besides vaccuum when they need it?
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Nov 1, '11 6:14am PST 
Adam,
I use either resolve foam or powder. Both say they are pet safe but I really have no other choice anyway.We have microfiber and our warranty says that anything requiring the use of water without calling the company to send a professional voids our warranty and they do charge a considerable ammount when they send someone so I just use the stuff they told me was safe. It does work and although my pups are not supposed to be on the couch,one of the couches is in front of the window and we have had paw prints mostly from Kai forgetting the rules while there is something outside he wants to see.
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Tue Nov 1, '11 2:46pm PST 
This is one I prefer to manage than deal with directly. I have separate canine and human couches. It still warrants cleaning, but I don't have to worry about being as thorough. I also keep old blankets on the dog couches because I'm too cheap to buy couch covers (also I've found that most couch covers don't stand up to pet use). Much easier to toss an old blanket in the wash than vacuum an entire couch!
[notify]

Bingley,- Emmett &- Martika

Little Ewoks

Barked: Tue Nov 1, '11 4:09pm PST 
And a lot of pro carpet cleaners do furniture. Or you can rent a Rug Dr. and do it yourself.
[notify]
Macy

Back Off! I- really don't- like strangers!

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 5:33pm PST 
I haven't had my sofa long, but the instructions for cleaning it (also microfiber) say to use the foam only from dish liquid. More than one furniture salesperson has told me the same, even for major stains like tomato sauce and ink, so it definitely should work for doggy dirt!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 9:12pm PST 
Macy,
Thanks for the tip. I'll certainly give that a try. The resolve foam isn't too bad and works on everything the grandkids have dished out including kool-aid and grape juice. I'd never heard of using the foam from dish soap before. Resolve powder I tried because it didn't need water and store was out of the foam. I only used it once because you have to put it on,brush it in,wait for it to dry completely and if the humidity is high it can take hours,then you have to vacuum it all up and brush and vacuum any place you left the powder sit too thick or too long. It does clean very well though.
[notify]
Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Barked: Tue Nov 8, '11 7:11pm PST 
I have a couch cover. I chunk it in the wash about once a week. Lol! Saves everything!
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Sun Jan 8, '12 3:47pm PST 
I use a Bissell SpotBot with the pet cleaner formula.
[notify]
Bart

Barked: Mon Jan 9, '12 7:15pm PST 
I too use Resolve. Blotting (not wiping) makes for the best results. Good luck..smile
[notify]