GO!

Clean LEASHES

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 38)  
1  2  3  4  
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Sep 27, '11 8:41pm PST 
Mine are leather so they get the leather cleaner and conditioner treatment. Never really thought about cleaning the fabric ones for some reason. I usually just replace them.

I guess I can kind of understand not wanting "dog germs" in your dishwasher or whatever (I wash dog stuff with my stuff all the time though because I figure it's getting sterilized anyway) but I did think it was a little ridiculous when the bf's housemates told him not to pour water from the Brita water filter into his dog's water bowl. I mean, the container isn't even touching the dog bowl. How are the doggy germs going to infect the water?
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Wed Sep 28, '11 6:22am PST 
but I did think it was a little ridiculous when the bf's housemates told him not to pour water from the Brita water filter into his dog's water bowl.

??? Weird. We don't have a Brita filter but we have the filtered water thingy on the fridge, I fill the dogs' bowl using that all the time. We're still alive.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Sep 28, '11 8:10am PST 
Yeah I use the one built into the fridge for my dogs too- haven't gotten any doggy diseases yet!

Their fridge doesn't have a built in one though so I guess that's why they bought the Brita. I just fill up a glass with it now and pour that into the dog bowl when I'm over there laugh out loud
[notify]

The Roo- Crew™- ©®

We go together- like peas &- carrots

Barked: Wed Sep 28, '11 8:26am PST 
Oh, my gosh!shocksilenced

We have a Britta just FOR the dogs... Not because of germs but because I'm more worried about their water than I am my own!laugh out loud

I kiss them on the *closed* mouth (sorry if that grosses any of you out) and wouldn't have it any other way!way to go

I would be tempted to be a little devil and pour some dog water into that person's coffee! They need to mellow out!meditatelaugh out loud
Sandy Baby- ♥

I may look- little, but I'm- ALL dog!

Barked: Thu Sep 29, '11 4:40pm PST 
You know, I never thought about cleaning leashes! It just never crossed my mind. For one, we have SO many that if one gets that dirty, we just toss it. For two, even when we didn't have spares, we tossed and bought new ones. Cleaning them would save that five bucks or so (used to buy the dollar ones before the quality got so bad that they break after two uses). Thanks for the idea. way to go

ETA: Also, only have so many because about two years ago, Dollar Tree had a bunch of those Simply Dog leashes and harnesses. For only a buck, I couldn't pass them up! Stocked up on them and some of them haven't been used yet. Gave a few to friends, though. hamster dance

Gee, I even wash the DOGS in my kitchen sink!!!!

Glad to know I'm not the only one guilty of that. laugh out loud I posted a picture elsewhere with Chi Chi in the sink and someone commented on how gross it was. I never thought much of it, tbf. The shower in our old house had too much water pressure, the tub didn't have enough, and the bathroom sink was too little. I washed Lilo, Cinnamon, and Chance with the hose back then but that didn't seem like such a good idea for the little ones. So, I put them in the kitchen sink and gave them their baths.

Also, never thought much about watching dog blankets with our stuff. It's something we've always done, so, I just didn't think anything of it. I don't worry much about the fur. That's everywhere already, anyway. red face

Edited by author Thu Sep 29, '11 4:49pm PST

[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Sep 29, '11 5:34pm PST 
The dreaded missing sock syndrome.big laugh

God that's so true!laugh out loud
[notify]
Tohbi - Deceased- 10/04/2013

Blue-Eyed Devil

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '11 6:53am PST 
Tee heee. I took Tohbi to my sister's house and lost track of him while I was hanging window blinds for her. She has a refrigerator with a water dispenser in the door and I caught him helping himself to a drink. I wiped it out and never told her (it probably would have been fine - she has three teenage boys who are WAY worse than Tohbi).

Needless to say, I'm a bit leary of getting a refrigerator like that for my house. Convenient - yes, but messy.
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 3:38pm PST 
I know this is old but just wanted to say I found the best/easiest way to clean leashes-- get Biothane leashes! They look and feel like leather, but you can hose them down or stick them in the sink if they get dirty. I love my biothane(Beta) leash!

As for other leashes, with my leather ones I used a leather soap and then a leather conditioner to clean them. For any type of fabric, nylon or other leash I just tossed them in the washing machine. Noisy, but effective.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 38)  
1  2  3  4