GO!

Dog-Safe ways to get rid of stray cats

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3  
Twister

wouldn't harm a- fly...XD

Barked: Wed Aug 31, '11 4:46pm PST 
Yeah, I think sometimes people don't realize that things like bb guns can cause serious harm to animals (when I was a kid our family cat came home one time with a bb lodged in her muzzle). Much more humane ways of controlling problem animals, there is a lot of good advice on here.way to go
[notify]
Mika

As long as they- think they're- the boss

Barked: Thu Sep 1, '11 6:35pm PST 
See if you can "rent" a live trap from your animal control.I don't know the laws in Turkey but here we can put a deposit on a live trap and live trap the animals ourselves then either take them to the local shelter or have animal control pick them up.When you are through with the trap you return it to animal control and get your rental fee back.
The only problem with this is if your dog is smaller than the cats it can require many attempts before you actually get the cat or cats in question and many doggie rescues retrieving your pup from the trap.
Good Luck and I hope your problem is solved soon. Just a small note about lemon juice,for as much as cats are supposed to hate it,not all do,I had 2 Persians who loved to sleep on the coffee table after it was treated with Lemon Oil I had to stop using it when one of them started licking it off the table and it is a little stronger than lemon juice.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3