GO!

Urine Carpet cleaning soultion?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
♥The- Brat- Pack♥-

This is just the- way we roll!!!

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 2:17am PST 
Hey guys I need your suggestions for a good urine smell eraser? We clean our carpets about every 6 months (with a rental RugDoctor) and with our new baby girl she's of course been having accidents. And more recently she seems to continue to pee in the same area. We have a spot bot we used to clean it but a few days ago it stopped working. Anywho we are having the carpets cleaned next week and my question is should I get a pet safe urine smell remover? What a good brand or type to get out urine smells as well as other stains/dirt?
[notify]
Tigger

I'm- Tiggerriffffic!!- !!!

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 6:49am PST 
i use vinegar. i put it in my steamer. i think it works better than anything you can buy. sometimes i mix oxyclean with it, if i didn't get to the stain fast enough.

they will keep going in the same spot unless you get rid of the odor completely. vinegar will do that.

i have found the most important thing is getting to it quickly. not always possible if you are not there or it's in a corner no one looks at. lol.

both dogs sleep in my room, on my bed. ladybug, the newest one, wakes up really early. i have learned to jump up and let her out. my room started to smell and i couldn't find any spots. so i steamed the whole room 2x and no new smells and no accidents. and i'm get up as soon as she licks my face because now i know that means....hurry i need to pee
[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '11 9:31pm PST 
I use Unique pet stain and odor eliminator. It's this non-pathenogenic bacterial cleaner that supposedly eats the proteins in urine. The only problem with it is that it takes time and towels. You mix it up, saturate the area, and cover the area with a warm wet towel for 4 hours or so, and it just goes away. My vet was the one that reccomended it to me, mostly because it works on carpet, laundry, and upholstery, and it's non toxic. This was especially important for Taggert, who likes to hike his leg on the dirty laundry every once in a while.

Other than that, vinegar, lemon and water mixed with a little borax works too. I think they put the recipe for it on the borax boxes. vodka and lemon juice works as a makeshift febreeze.
[notify]

Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Tue Jul 12, '11 11:30am PST 
Good suggestions so far. I use Nature's Miracle or SoX. If you choose a professional product you want something without ammonia & hopefully some enzymes.
[notify]
JJ

Wanna play- fetch...huh...hu- h....huh?????

Barked: Tue Jul 12, '11 12:37pm PST 
We recently used CitruSolutions carpet cleaning and they left us a bottle of their pet solution. I have never had a solution that works so well. It took care of stains that had been in the carpet for years as well as fresh spots. I am not sure if this company is in your area, but they are worth a call.
[notify]
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Wed Jul 13, '11 2:02pm PST 
If you can find a product called "OdorMute" I highly recommend it. Its an enzyme cleaner that can be used in carpet cleaners, spray bottles, laundry, etc. way to go

ETA: Link:

http://pets.odormute.com/default.html

Edited by author Wed Jul 13, '11 2:05pm PST

[notify]
Sophie

Miss Bossy Fluff

Barked: Wed Jul 13, '11 5:53pm PST 
I've had good luck with Nature's Miracle. Arm and Hammer's pet stain remover works great but it unfortunately bleaches my bed room carpet.
[notify]
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 6:51pm PST 
Do you guys use aple cider or white vinegar?
[notify]
Foxy

ultimate lap dog

Barked: Sat Jul 30, '11 7:53pm PST 
Also, not to hijack but how do you guys clean? do you drench the carpet and let it evaporate/dry or do you spray and scrub?
[notify]
♥The- Brat- Pack♥-

This is just the- way we roll!!!

Barked: Tue Aug 2, '11 11:12pm PST 
Thanks so much guys I called and asked my vet and they said any brand with "urine remover" should work fine and I added vinegar NO more stains and she's only had ONE accident in the last month *knock on wood" Yippie thanks so much guys!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2