GO!

outside odor

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Ally

Ally-the best- watch dog

Barked: Mon Jun 27, '11 7:06pm PST 
my dog is active outside and often has that "outside" smell when she comes in...any suggestions for between baths? thanks.
[notify]
Henry

Barked: Tue Jun 28, '11 7:04am PST 
I have spaniels of a type that were developed a century ago by crossing spaniels with hounds (yes they bay). As a result they have that gamey, houndy smell that often needs a bit of freshening up between baths. What I like to use are Earthbath products - you can google their website. They make a variety of moisturizing, deoderizing spritz's (I personally love the vanilla & almond) and also carry grooming wipes that are very helpful. Love their shampoos too. Its all natural ingredients that don't dry out the coat. PetCo carries them on the shelf in the stores if you have one locally. Good luck!
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Tue Jun 28, '11 1:20pm PST 
I use the Natures Miracle line of grooming products.

They have an in between bath spray and dog wipes.
[notify]

Ally

Ally-the best- watch dog

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '11 4:01am PST 
thanks for your suggestions! i will certainly check into them!
[notify]
Ally

Ally-the best- watch dog

Barked: Wed Jun 29, '11 4:01am PST 
thanks for your suggestions! i will certainly check into them!
[notify]
Mikey

You know you- want to pet me

Barked: Sat Jul 2, '11 9:07am PST 
I just discovered what Bella & Daisy suggested, the Natures Miracle deodorizing spray. I haven't used it yet, but I love the smell of them.

What I use currently is Earthbath deodorizing spritz. I use the lavendar "flavor" and Mango "flavor" spray and it really works well in getting rid of dog funk in between baths and it smells so good.
[notify]