GO!

a dog friendly floor covering????

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 42)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Molly

Yes I do have to- wag with my- whole body

Barked: Thu Oct 13, '11 1:02am PST 
I can't comment as to flooring because mine deco style right now is early renovation but I can comment on cleaning bare floors in Florida. The best thing EVER is a shark vacuum sold here for about 170. It is amazing for both carpet and bare floor. It takes a lot for me to be impressed with a vacuum as until recently I always had a shed o' matic for a dog. I also use a mini floor sweeper for when I don't feel like vacuuming both are a must for bare floors, hardwood, tile, or laminate. It picks up sand, fur, and just about anything you can think of. No matter what flooring you decide I would get one of the shark pet friendly vacs.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Oct 13, '11 2:43pm PST 
I live in an old house that has hardwood, tile and laminate now. Sabi has issues with all of it so I put down rubber backed rugs. After a year the laminate is wearing at the seams and edges from water, mud, cleaners, etc. The tile is textured and is a pain to keep clean. The hardwood is showing a few scratches but is easy to clean.
years ago I owed a house with hardwood that had a finish called Diamond Coat(I think)It was indestructible and looked great. At the time I had a small zoo going on and at one point I took a paint scraper to the floor to clean up something that got spilled while I was at work. Never left a mark.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 42)  
1  2  3  4  5