GO!

So I'm not sure how Sam-related this is...

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 32)  
1  2  3  4  
Buddy

Giving my paw- can get me- anything!

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '11 9:25pm PST 
Wow, a lot is going on for you! In our old place, we had carpet in every room except the kitchen. In the spare bedroom, the A/C kept leaking and no matter how many times I called management it wouldn't stop leaking. They finally realized they were fixing the wrong thing and actually fixed the problem. By that time, I had mold growing on the carpet in the A/C closet. FRUSTRATING!! Before they actually fixed it, tho, I had to pull up the carpet and let it dry out in that small area. After that, I made them get a professional carpet cleaner to come and suck up all the water and treat the mold because it wasn't my fault. I decided after that I couldn't take carpet anymore and moved into another place within the same community that had mostly tile. My dogs are 100% potty trained (even when I was forced to work 12 hour days, GO DOGS! smile ) so I don't deal with anything like what you are dealing with. And I don't think I could. I am a bit of a clean freak so I would go crazy!! I give you lots of Good Mom Points for all this because I couldn't do it. Mold gives me migraines so I really couldn't do it. Hang in there and keep doing what you're doing. If it is at all possible, the absolute best thing you could do would be to get good tile flooring. I know thats easier said that done but my foster puppy (although almost completely potty trained already) had a few accidents on the tile and its no problem to clean and disinfect. I clean it up with simple green and then I have a disinfecting spray that I mist over top. I also clean the floors once a month or so with my Carpet steamer. Works great on tile, too. If you could get your landlord to replace the floors for you that would be one less thing you have to worry about.
[notify]
Daisy Mae

Cute? Yeah,- that's me.

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '11 6:58am PST 
If you rip up the carpeting, try painting the floor with Kilz paint primer (or something similar) for bathrooms. My friend used it on her bathroom walls where she did have mold. I used it in my basement 2 years ago on my cinder block walls. There was mold there and I have not see the mold come through the primer.

Good luck!
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 32)  
1  2  3  4