GO!

Great smelling home...Scented Tarts

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Fri May 27, '11 8:12am PST 
I have saw some posts on here about Scentsy...and wanted to share how I now keep my home smelling awesome!

I used to love scented candles but have hardly burned one at all since I found scented tarts! I came across a page on facebook called 'what smells so good' and the wonderful ladies on there talked me into trying scented tarts and I haven't looked back since. I have 4 warmers in the condo now. Two 24 watt candle/tart warmer combos from vistawholesale downstairs, a 24 watt candle/tart warmer from Cabela's in the master and a 16 watt warmer from wmart in the animal's room that I use my own dish with.

This is an obsession now but way safer for dogs and people than plug ins, sprays, and candles!
Some wonderful vendors I have tried and highly recommend are- Shayz Scentz (awesome cinnamon zucchini craze scent), Haley's Heavenly Scents (cheap and free shipping over 10 bucks), Front Porch Candle Co (free shipping), and Candles from the Keeping Room (will open new site July first...she is my fave, to die for zucchini bread blends)

Please come check out my new page called 'somethin smells sweet' on facebook!
-Brittany, Allee, Bama, and Brodie!!!

burgundy 24 watt vista warmer

cream 24 watt warmer from vista

cabela's warmer

misc. tarts

Edited by author Fri May 27, '11 8:21am PST

[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Tue May 31, '11 9:02am PST 
I think maybe I've seen something similar at Bath and Body Works? How do they work exactly? Might be a safer alternative for our kitties too. Do they have more subtle scents or odor absorbing scents too?
[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Tue May 31, '11 12:38pm PST 
I'm curious too - I burn a lot of soy candles just because I love it when the apartment smells nice, but I'm always interested in other alternatives. How do they work? Do you have to heat them?
[notify]

Makaveli PSDIT

I Can Has Lovin'- Nao?

Barked: Tue May 31, '11 12:56pm PST 
It's basically like an oil warmer,except it doesn't use a candle. You plug it in, you add peices of secented wax to the top and the light underneath warms the oil and melts it. Except the scentsy ones last wayyy longer, smell way better and they have so many scents to choose from! The full size warmer is good for big rooms like the living room/den or kitchen. You can keep small ones in the bathroom and a nice medium one in the bedrooms. I'm looking into getting a full size one for my living room since it's mainly where Mak lays around happy dance
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 12:15am PST 
I've used simmering potpourri in the past which is really nice... The ones I've used have things like cinnamon sticks, dried apple pieces, dried orange slices, cloves, etc (you can make your own easily too.) It makes the whole house smell yummy.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 9:59am PST 
Oh poo, you have to plug them in? That would limit where I could put them and the cats chew cords. Guess I was hoping for battery powered or solar powered or something! laugh out loud
[notify]
Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 4:34pm PST 
I have the Scentsy warmers. I LOVE them! I like the pumpkin roll, sugar cookie, baked apple pie, ect....laugh out loud Smells awesome for a long time! cloud 9
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Thu Jun 2, '11 8:42pm PST 
Yes, these are awesome! There are endless vendors that have awesome products. All kinds of scents you would never even think of! I am addicted now!

The warmer plugs in and has a switch on the cord. The cord is about 3 ft long on vista and cabela warmers and a cpl-few feet longer on the 5.00 plain white warmers at wmart. I use a little pan called a tart mold on my five dollar one. Walmart carries better home and garden tarts, yankee has them, kmart, and so on. But, these ladies that I order from have way better ones in my opinion. Better smelling, stronger, and longer lasting. And, they are all so sweet and great customer service. I decided to finally try them when I cleaned a ton of candle soot off my ceiling fan one day! You just turn on the warmer, place the tart in and as it melts the scent fills the air and it doesn't take long. When the scent fades or you get tired of it, you can either pour out the wax carefully and add another tart. Or you can turn the warmer off and wait for wax to harden. Place dish in the freezer for awhile and then the wax will slide right out! Some tarts last 4 hrs and some last up to a couple days!

Edited by author Thu Jun 2, '11 8:48pm PST

[notify]
Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Sun Jun 5, '11 5:19pm PST 
I checked out the wax tarts on the different sites. Looks like fun trying those. Scentsy has stopped making my Pumpkin Roll scent. It's the one that doesn't make my nose run! laugh out loudI am so sensitive to smells and can only use certain ones. I am so excited to try these other places now because they have the Pumpkin scent! Thanks so much for posting this! happy dance
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sun Jun 5, '11 7:12pm PST 
A lot of these vendors I like have good sugar cookie scent! I just ordered from Shady Mountain for the first time, I am trying her Sarah's sugar cookie! I hope it's good!

Here is a list of who I have tried tarts from and love!!

-haley's heavenly scents (free shipping)
-shayz scents (awesome zucchini blends and pink sugars)
-candles from the keeping room (new site opens July 1st and her zucchinis are AWESOME)
-front porch candle co (free shipping, cute shapes to choose from)
-lasting scent candles
-ten digit creations (good summer scents, dye free tarts)
-crosscreek country candles (very sweet owner)
-angle made scents

Edited by author Sun Jun 5, '11 7:18pm PST

[notify]