GO!

Garbage cans

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Mr. Krumm

Boooskinsss!

Barked: Sat May 28, '11 1:02pm PST 
We were having the same problem. Krumm is so tall that he just "accidentally" got in the trash. lol I bought a Simple Human stainless steel trashcan from BB&B, and it is WONDERFUL! I remember thinking to myself that my mom is gonna sh!t when she learns I paid a 100 for a trashcanbig grin Definitely worth it!!
[notify]
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Wed Jun 1, '11 9:46am PST 
lol thanks everypup!!

Well it's been almost a month since we moved in and the dogs still have not gotten into this garbage once!! I'm shocked lol I thought for sure they would knock it over or figure out how to open the lid!! Cuz that's just how they are- naughty!!

I'm thinking we'll get one with a locking lid though just to be on the safe side. way to go
[notify]
Henry

Barked: Sat Jun 25, '11 5:03pm PST 
You can get the stainless steel ones for fairly cheap at Target. We have about 8 in our house. Why you ask?? Because we have Clumbers. Who will eat anything smile Seriously - Henry even loves paper products and bathroom garbage (say klenex)or office garbage (used printer paper??) is as good as kitchen garbage for him! Even these "silver bullet" type cans alone aren't enough for a clumber though. I had to take advice from Victoria Stillwell and add cheap, round lead weights to the bottom of the can (about twenty pound weights like go on the end of a weight bench) because an enterprising clumber will still knock over and try to get into a can of this type without them. You just drop the weight into the bottom of the can - it fits perfectly and you are set. The trash bag then goes in as normal. Good luck!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2