GO!

carpet shampooers?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 9:26am PST 
We ended up with the Hoover Max Extract Dual V. We used it that very night and WOW what a difference! The only problem is that despite the fact that we went with an anti-allergen, fragrance-free formula I had a major asthma attack. We had fans going and windows opening, but nothing helped. So I gotta find something else that is safe to user in the machine as a cleaner, and won't set off my asthma. I'm probably pretty unlikely to go with home recipes unless someone can show me that they won't ruin my machine.
[notify]
Sam

I can get out of- anything...

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 10:19am PST 
Lexi, I found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Herb-Pharm-Lavender-Extract-1-fl-oz-/110 671281112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c485bbd8#ht_500wt_922
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 12:39pm PST 
Bam, are you sure it was the actual cleaner that set off your asthma? I'm asking because I've used only water and vinegar and still had a reaction due to all the humidity in the air, and ofcourse the dog allergens that get stirred up no matter how careful you are.

Did you use a mask? Not just a dust mask, but the osha rated ones for smaller particulate...I swear by those things, they help me tremendously when I clean. They're available at Lowe's, and they are not that expensive.
[notify]

Lexi Hope

Mamma\'s little- attitude girl

Barked: Wed Apr 27, '11 7:39am PST 
Hey Sam...THANKS!!! Very thoughtful of you! I will check it out!
Mom put a new pic up of me cuz I got groomed yesterday and BOWS...BOL!!! Telling you just so you'll recognize me! BOL!
[notify]
Sam

I can get out of- anything...

Barked: Wed Apr 27, '11 1:17pm PST 
No problem! I didn't recognize you at first actually but I caught on! Nice haircut! I think that one was removed by the way but there is another. I might just buy one to seems like a great idea!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Herb-Pharm-Lavender-Extract-1-fl-oz-/11 0671281112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c485bbd8#ht_500wt_922
[notify]
Sara

Live life to the- fullest

Barked: Wed Apr 27, '11 9:48pm PST 
I use a Hoover, but after the shampoo and water removal, I fill it full of just warm water and go over the carpet again to make sure the shampoo is totally removed. More work, but shampoo left in the carpet attracts dirt quicker and shortens the life of your carpet. Probably better for me and the dog.
[notify]
Macy

Barked: Wed May 18, '11 8:57am PST 
we usually just rent the rug doctor, they are amazing and I would buy one if they werent so much damn money! lol. Than I have the Bissel Little Green for spots and the furniture, we also do our vehicles with it. Absolutely love that little thing! As for the lavendar discussion, go to your local health store and purchase lavendar essential oil. Make sure its pure and undiluted. You could also use lemon or whatever oil you want, there are hundreds to choose from. I have used oils in mine forever and never had any issues. Total natural health nut over here . I use my cloth diaper detergent which is amazing rockingreensoap.com you can use it in carpet cleaners. I also mop my floors with it laugh out loud
[notify]
Tigger

I'm- Tiggerriffffic!!- !!!

Barked: Sun May 29, '11 9:06am PST 
i use vinegar and oxyclean. it's on sale at walgreens right now, just bought some this morning and will be cleaning the floors today. the vinegar gets rid of odors better than any formula you can buy. inexpensive too. i have a rescue puppy here that has had a few accidents so i'm cleaning the carpet. the only reason i own a steamer is because i take in so many dogs. mine is not fancy, cost around $99 from lowes. had one just like it for years but tigger chewed the cord when we first got him. lol.
[notify]
Daisy Baby

Daddy's Spoiled- Little Girl!

Barked: Sun May 29, '11 12:41pm PST 
Bam Bam I have a bissel pro heat and I use Biokleen Carpet shampoo which is enviromentally friendly and pet friendly and works way better than any other carpet shampoo formula I have ever used. You can go to drugstore.com and look at the reviews...I love this stuff especially around pets. Hope this helps...

blue dog
[notify]
Daisy Baby

Daddy's Spoiled- Little Girl!

Barked: Sun May 29, '11 6:28pm PST 
oh and to get the pee stains out I add Bac out made by biokleen as well. Both those products together get my carpets cleaner than a professional doing them, and work way better than any commerical product that isnt safe for animals...Hope this helps...oh and they both smell sooooo good...I am cleaning my carpets tomorrow smile
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2