GO!

carpet shampooers?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Fri Apr 8, '11 8:30am PST 
Who has one? Which one do you have? do you like it? And what shampoo do you use?

My concern is that my hubs and I looked at one the other day and the "pet stain" shampoo that came with it said not to get it around mouth or eyes...uhh...So why would I use it around my dogs, ya know? But we need something. This almost white carpet is not faring well with the puppy dawgs! (drool stains, did you know that? lol)
[notify]
Halo

Howling good- times to be had- with me.

Barked: Fri Apr 8, '11 8:47am PST 
I have a Bissel Steamer and use 25% white vinegar, 2 scoops Oxy Clean and the rest water. Sometime a bit of lavender tincture (not oil, the alcohol based extract - for a cleaner scent.)
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Fri Apr 8, '11 9:44am PST 
Is that safe for the steamer? Because I don't want to ruin it either...
[notify]

Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Fri Apr 8, '11 6:11pm PST 
We have the Bissell Proheat 2 Pet and love it to death. My mom borrows it for her white carpets too and it does a number on them! We just use the Bissell pet specific formula, never had any problems, even with our super allergic/sensitive cats. Of course, the carpets will be really wet for several hours afterwards, so Bam and Reyna will need to be in another room for the day.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Apr 9, '11 9:24am PST 
We have a Rug Doctor - I know, I know, expensive. BUT, my rugs are clean every time... way to go I actually use their cleaner and add Oxyclean.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Sun Apr 10, '11 8:56am PST 
Drool doesn't just stain, it's like acid!
[notify]
Lexi Hope

Mamma\'s little- attitude girl

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 5:46am PST 
Halo and all,
Could you tell me where you buy the lavendar based extract? I'd like to try that. Thanks!
[notify]
Halo

Howling good- times to be had- with me.

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 6:31am PST 
I make it by soaking the lavender form my garden in either rubbing or preferably everclear for 14 days then straining off the scented liquid. I prefer everclear because it can the also be used in herbal medications but rubbing alcohol works as well as long as you don't need any for medications or flavoring uses, just fragrance.

None of it will harm the steamer so long as the Oxy Clean is dissolved in the solution before pouring it down the steamer. It's all natural stuff, which has to be better than the lab rat chemicals in commercial solutions for the steamer.
[notify]
Lexi Hope

Mamma\'s little- attitude girl

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 8:14am PST 
Halo...thanks for your answer. BUT...I don't have lavendar in my garden, wish I did!!! Sooo now what? Can I buy this type of thing somewhere?
[notify]
Diesel

Did someone say- Dinner!?!?!?!?!

Barked: Tue Apr 12, '11 9:12am PST 
We have a Bissell Proheat 2X and it's ok. It does a decent job but it is a pain the you know what to clean. When the boys have accidents from too much organs or too rich of a meal it takes me forever to get the container thingy clean because you can't remove the bag that you put the water in. Basically i don't know if i would by it again only because of that reason.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2