GO!

I hate carpet...

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Halo

Howling good- times to be had- with me.

Barked: Mon Feb 14, '11 1:21pm PST 
With indoor pets, Allure is definitely a long term money saver. Not so bad having to toss area rugs and throw rugs, but having to replace carpet every few years is hard on the wallet. Okay so you spend 300-500 dollars per room on average now, but you would on carpet as well. In 3-5 years you have to replace the carpet, but 15 years from now the Allure still looks good and still doesn't smell, have stains or anything.

Hey, about the same price a carpet, water proof, stain proof, burn resistant, super easy to clean and lasts a long time - good pet flooring smile
[notify]
Paris

Paris the blind- wonderdog!

Barked: Mon Feb 14, '11 1:48pm PST 
You could even save some money if you tear up the old carpet yourself. I tore mine all out room by room it was so great a feeling! I have terrazzo under mine which is like stone with pebbles in it. Cold as ice in the winter cool in the summer.
[notify]
Paisley

Flat Coated- RetrievingAlaska- n Cattle Dog

Barked: Mon Feb 14, '11 5:55pm PST 
You pupsters rock my socks. I talked to the husband about Allure and I think it's perfect. We don't want to break the bank (not sure the house will live for another hundred years...hahaha...) and I need a pet friendly floor. It's a tiny home, and we can afford it. He's going to talk to his dad, the "landlord". But I don't see why he would say 'no'. We may even it out with plywood too. Keep up with the great comments! big grin
[notify]

Halo

Howling good- times to be had- with me.

Barked: Tue Feb 15, '11 10:48am PST 
Definitely not a bank breaker at around 2.00 per square foot and only a tape measure and utility knife needed to install it. Then no need of special cleaners, no stains, odors etc getting on it - ever so just a broom, mop and whatever cleaner you like (Spic and Span, Pine Sol, Mop n Glo if you want to really snazzy it up and have that high shine waxed look.)

I love it and with all the possible colors and patterns, you can find something that works in any room. I have the knotty pine (seen in my pics here) Natural stone and the mixed tile gray and white patterns in my home.
[notify]
Hucky

Barked: Wed Feb 16, '11 9:24am PST 
Sam, a puddle of pee would have to be sitting there for quite sometime before it would seep through the cracks. I would have to say that the flooring is pretty much pee proof.

Halo, you forgot to add that it's so easy to put down, that a woman can do it by herself. I did my dining room in 2 days. But then again, I take a lot of breaks and because of 4 door ways and a wood stove, I had alot of cutting to do.
[notify]
Paisley

Flat Coated- RetrievingAlaska- n Cattle Dog

Barked: Sat Feb 19, '11 11:01am PST 
Talked to the papa-in-law landlord and the flooring is a go. We're going to do it in June (when I'm done working). Our house is little, only 900 sq ft, so it DEF won't break the bank...hahaha.

Thank you all for helping me find an option that fits with our ancient house!

Edited by author Sat Feb 19, '11 11:01am PST

[notify]

Barked: Wed Nov 23, '11 8:05pm PST 
actually i am not as hate as you about carpets, it's just a matter of care!!!smile

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL2 BTmNrfVc]New York Organic Carpet Cleaning[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N51rm6Lf_k8]Carp et steam Cleaning NY[/url]
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 6:44pm PST 
Pull the carpet. Sand and finish the uneven pine boards. Old pine floors are really pretty with a look that can't be faked. If you stain, you will get a beautiful uneven coloring, darker in the low spots and lighter on the high spots. I have been looking at fake floors with just that look, even saw marks.

PS I'l bet it IS a neat old house.
[notify]
Paislee

play hard, power- nap, eat fast.

Barked: Fri Nov 25, '11 5:37pm PST 
I say at least once a day "ugh I hate carpets" I vacuum till I am numb and never get all the hair and if you have ever pulled up a carpet in your own house where you know you have vacuumed religiously for years and still see the amount of dirt under it you would hate it too. I love hand scraped or rustic cut wood floors, the dog nails just give it more character but that other rubber stuff sounds great too, anything that can be swept and mopped and is really clean has my vote!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2