GO!

White Carpet Poop Stains

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Gerard

Special Needs- Dog

Barked: Wed Feb 9, '11 12:33am PST 
Any idea how to get rid of poop stains on WHITE carpet? cry Poor Gerard has diarrhea this morning, after trying to snack on a roadkill squirrel. It was a mess! Unforunately I wasn't home at the time it happened and the diarrhea sat around for a while. Boy, was that a bad smell! laugh out loud I tried my hardest to get it all up, but there are two big brown stains on my pure white carpet. I'm horrified! The smell is all gone, but it just looks disgusting. I'm not a neat freak, but this is NEW carpet!
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Wed Feb 9, '11 6:07am PST 
The other day, Bam-Bam went to the top of our stairs, sat with his butt on the edge, then used his front legs to scoot off and slide down the stairs, crashing into the railing on the first landing. It was the FUNNIEST thing I've ever saw, but he definitely left skidmarks the whole way down (anybody on my facebook has heard this story already, lol).
We just used our Bissell Little Green with the carpet cleaner it comes with.
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Wed Feb 9, '11 6:27am PST 
The best spot cleaner I've found is Spot Shot. It might take a couple of applications, but the naptha in it REALLY gets up set-in stains (test in an out of the way spot first). I'd follow up with some Nature's Miracle to neutralize any residual odor.
[notify]

Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Wed Feb 9, '11 8:30am PST 
Yep, the Bissel Spot Bot with a little natures miracle was my lifesaver when Bella got sick when I wasn't home. It took a couple turns, but it cleaned it right up.
[notify]
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Fri Feb 11, '11 7:47am PST 
If you don't have a carpet shampooer.....

Try white vinegar & water 50/50, or a pet enzyme cleaner like Petastic. Saturate the stain, let it sit for a minute, and then scrub back and forth with a washcloth, and then throw that washcloth away LOL!

I just had to do this last night, my dog Lia has been having poop issues. cry We have off-white carpet, I feel your pain lol. hug
[notify]
Opie CGC

Luv-A-Pittie

Barked: Fri Feb 11, '11 6:31pm PST 
Hydrogen Peroxide big grin Or pour baking soda over it and then pour vinegar over that and watch it fizz.
[notify]
Halo

Howling good- times to be had- with me.

Barked: Fri Feb 11, '11 7:54pm PST 
Fabuloso brand Oxy all purpose cleaner with 25% water. don't mix until ready to use. It's the opaque blue cleaner in the store. Saturate the area, let sit 15 minutes, then place a thick, clean towel over the stain and stomp on it until no more moisture will come out of the carpet. If the stain is old it might take doing it twice to remove all of the stain and odor.
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Fri Feb 18, '11 4:02pm PST 
Oxyclean lightly satuated and left for a while then steam clean again - clear water will do. Works when Lily is ill, which isn't often any more. I have hundreds square feet of white carpet. I'd rather clean white than a color because you don't have to worry about fading the color. Peroxide/soda/dish detergent combo works for odor, but Oxyclean works better for stains.
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Fri Feb 18, '11 4:02pm PST 
Oxyclean lightly satuated and left for a while then steam clean again - clear water will do. Works when Lily is ill, which isn't often any more. I have hundreds square feet of white carpet. I'd rather clean white than a color because you don't have to worry about fading the color. Peroxide/soda/dish detergent combo works for odor, but Oxyclean works better for stains.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Sep 19, '13 11:08pm PST 
Here's some good tips.

http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/cleaning/stain-re moval/stain-remover-00100000085633/index.html

http://localorganic rugcare.com
[notify]