GO!

Spot Remover

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Jeri

Spotted Baby

Barked: Mon Nov 22, '10 1:02am PST 
I need to know what to use to get rid of Jeri's "spots". She is only 8 weeks old and is learning how to potty outside like a good girl. I've been using just water, but it's not getting the stain out or the smell up. I don't like using chemicals around my dogs, which is why I only use water. However, it really isn't doing anything, but wetting the already wet spot! I'm afraid to use much else because I don't want to ruin my carpet. Would ammonia work?
[notify]
Scout

Barked: Mon Nov 22, '10 2:59pm PST 
I'm not sure about Ammonia...why not use a safe pet cleaner?

When Scout was a pup, I used Simple Solution's pet stain and odor remover for his accidents consistently, and my carpet didn't suffer because of it.

He's obviously older now, but I keep the stuff around because it works great. It's something to consider...
thinking

http://www.simplesolution.com/products/stain-odo r-solutions.html
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Mon Nov 22, '10 4:52pm PST 
Urine degrades into ammonia, so although ammonia will clean your carpet, it will also attract your pup back to that spot. Nature's Miracle works really well at getting the scent out and cleaning the spot, but if you want an all-natural neutralizer, 50/50 white distilled vinegar and water works, too.
[notify]

Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Tue Nov 23, '10 10:19am PST 
Titus is correct about ammonia. Whatever you use should be an enzyme based product. I have had huge success with Nature's Miracle & sOx.
[notify]
Sasha

Miss Diva to- you!!

Barked: Tue Nov 23, '10 12:10pm PST 
I swear by Windex with Vinegar, they sell it at walmart and it can be used on any fabric and brings the smell and stain right out big grin I like that it can be used on anything and for any stain, that way I dont have to buy different things for different stains, I have limited space.
[notify]
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 8:25am PST 
I know of a few really good pet stain removers. Nature's miracle is good, but my personal favorites are "Get Serious" and "Odor mute".
[notify]
Pika

Love me or- else....

Barked: Tue Sep 6, '11 6:11am PST 
I agree with using "Get Serious". You can pick it up at PetSmart. I also had a door to door saleman come by and I was sold on "Pro-Tek Cleaner". That stuff removed EVERYTHING! You can only buy it online. It's awesome stuff!
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 3:44pm PST 
Did anyone else read the topic title and think of that old joke:
“I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone!”
laugh out loud

I generally use Nature's Miracle for any pet-related cleaning. For odors I use Pure Ayre which is a pet safe odor eliminator (it's actually food grade, that's how safe it is.)
[notify]
Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Sun Feb 5, '12 3:39pm PST 
My favorite product right now is "Simple Green" pet stain and odor remover.
Nature's Miracle I also really liked but hubby hated the smell!
[notify]