GO!

dog dirt paths around yard

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Zeek, CGC

cant tell i was- the runt, can- you?!

Barked: Fri Nov 12, '10 5:10pm PST 
having two big dogs in a small yard, they've wore out alot of my grass frown. i have dirth path all the way around my yard along the fence line, and a dirt path from backdoor out to where they spred out. since winter time and wet weather is coming i know its going to be nothing but mud out there, i've already gotten my first glimpse today with the rain we got. i'm looking for ideas to keep these areas from getting muddy. would mulch work all the way around the fence line? other ideas? anyone have pictures of solutions they've came up with for their own yard?
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Fri Nov 12, '10 6:10pm PST 
Lots of people have posted about using mulch, we just used pine straw because it is so abundant in the area we live in. Besides our dogs creating paths, we have some areas that do not drain well. We spread pine straw several times a year. It helps soak up the water plus the dogs walk on it instead of in mud.
[notify]