GO!

What laundry detergent do you use?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3  
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 4:04pm PST 
Just wanted to add.... a few years ago I had allergy skin testing due to some pretty severe excema and psoriasis. I did test positive to Tide and Cheer and Wisk, but I have never had any issues with Gain. I only get the Original Fresh scent though, so I don't know about the others.
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 6:23pm PST 
For me, it's generally either Biovert, Eco Maxx or 7th Gen.
A 2.95L jug last about 2 months for us (~4 loads per week).

All of them have very little scent, which is what I prefer. Now I find regular detergents over-powering...
[notify]
Zoey, Shellie & Griffin

Natural & Loving- it!

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 7:47pm PST 
I used to make our own, but the clothes got dingy and it was a huge pain grating the bar of soap, so we just recently switched to Cheer Brightclean, it really makes the clothes brighter & smells WAY yummy. I am allergic to most detergents so we have to be careful.
[notify]

Delta and- Doc

The Spots Are In- The House!

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 8:38pm PST 
Use Ecos... used to use Tide but I believe they are made by P&G frown So we switched to Ecos... that's what Zac's mom uses. Going to look into Seventh Gen too.
[notify]
Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Is it time for- agility yet?

Barked: Tue Nov 30, '10 2:06pm PST 
I use All Free and Clear. I'm severely allergic to Tide and Purex. I can't even have the detergent touch my skin or I break out and itch everywhere. I use snuggle(either liquid or sheets) for fabric softener.
[notify]
Paisley

Flat Coated- RetrievingAlaska- n Cattle Dog

Barked: Tue Nov 30, '10 2:28pm PST 
I use tide, the original scent. When I was a kid it was the only detergent that WOULDN'T break me out so my mom used it my whole life. I tried switching and discovered that I don't care for most of the other scents. I also use the Downey original softner, the others break me out in hives. But I love the smell, so I just keep buying it! BOL.

Maybe I'll try Gain. I splurge on laundry detergent because the scent lingers longest. I wash my couch cover, bedding, and blankets in the great smelling stuff and my entire house smells like clean laundry! It's great...cloud 9
[notify]
Tucker

Jump Big!!

Barked: Tue Nov 30, '10 3:01pm PST 
Im using Sunlight right now...i like it, it cleans lol.

Im using a purex environmental fabric softener, i like that it doesnt leave the clothes feeling ew.
I was using that expensive kind...in the blue bottle..i cant remember the name, but it made the clothes feel ew.
[notify]
Wicket

Mom's little- Fluffer Muffin

Barked: Sun Jul 24, '11 11:44pm PST 
This is an older thread but I thought I'd chime in anyway. big grin

I will only use Tide original scent detergent. I buy the big ones with the spout and they last about a month here. I also add a touch of Clorox 2 in each load of colors (bleach in my whites). For fabric softener, I use the Snuggle Exhilarations wild orchid & vanilla scent AND I throw in a Sheer Spring scented sheet in each dryer load. I love the way our clothes smell, I love the way these products clean together, and for a once-a-month purchase, I don't consider the cost to be too much.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3