GO!

What laundry detergent do you use?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 12:09pm PST 
Just as it says! Right now I use Arm & Hammer w/ OxyClean and I absolutely love it. Everything feels so clean and fresh! I do wonder if it's the safest option for the pets though. So, what do you use and/or consider safe?
[notify]
Zooey, CGC

Everybody loves- Zooey

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 1:58pm PST 
I use Seventh Generation "free & clear" liquid laundry detergent. If something's extra dirty or I want to whiten my whites I'll add some borax. For the past month or so I've been out of detergent and keep forgetting to get more so I've just been using vinegarsmile
[notify]
Allee, Bama,- and Brodie- Bear!

Roll Tide- Roll!!! ;)

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 2:38pm PST 
I have sensitive skin, so I use All or Purex free and clear and the free and clear bounce dryer sheets for clothes I don't dry but just fluff up, and for doggie's throws and blankets.
For stinky stuff I add vinegar in the wash.

I do use Gain liquid fab softener for our clothes, it doesn't bother my skin or the doggies.
While researching my eczema I found out that scented detergents or dryer sheets are more apt to irritate skin than than the liquid fab softener.
[notify]

Lincoln

I have no off- switch

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 4:51pm PST 
I buy whatever is a good price. I would use Tide but I refuse to pay $12.99 for a small jug. So I use Arm and Hammer with Oxi Clean, Oxydol and Purex.
[notify]
Stella

Teacup- chupacabra

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 5:10pm PST 
I have been using ECOS detergent for the past two years and LOVE it! It' sold at CostCo and is incredibly inexpensive for what it's made of, and you don't need fabric softener which saves even more money.
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 7:41pm PST 
7th Gen or Ecos.
Have read that the Duggars use some combination of Borax and a few other ingredients to make their own. I'd be interested in that simply for cost effectiveness verses the more environmentally friendly detergents.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Thu Nov 11, '10 8:36am PST 
I've seen the Ecos at Costco. Is it scented at all, and how does it clean? I used Costco's brand of enviro friendly cleaner and I felt like it didn't do squat, especially for really dirty loads. The clothes just felt kinda eww the whole time I used it.
[notify]
Mystique- 'Tiki'

Wooo Awooo!

Barked: Thu Nov 11, '10 9:11am PST 
We make our own. big grin
[notify]
Lincoln

I have no off- switch

Barked: Thu Nov 11, '10 9:49am PST 
Actually reminds me, I ordered a product called soap nuts. I have used these and they work wonders on my clothes. Great for people with allergies. I still have some but have been to lazy to pull them out lol. If you want scent you just add in some essential oils of your fave scent.

http://www.buysoapnuts.com/
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Thu Nov 11, '10 10:42am PST 
I use Tide. Usually the coldwater one.

I use Woolite dark for all my dark clothes. It really does help dark cotton retain colors longer.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3