GO!

latex gloves work magic on fabric!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Hiro

Hiro Nakamura- "Time and Space- Traveler"

Barked: Tue Nov 9, '10 4:13pm PST 
updated with clarification:
Our dog Hiro is a furry beast, and cleaning fur from every nook and cranny is part of the joy of having him. I accidentally happened upon this trick when washing my car one day... I was wearing a thin latex glove for washing windows and dashboard (the kind mechanics wear), and I happened to rub my hand against the car's carpet. I noticed that Hiro's fur which happened to be there (I hadn't vacuumed yet), was drawn out of the carpet. So I did it again. And it came off in bunches, like a magnet.
So I used the vacuum cleaner to pick up the "chunks" and I used the gloves to rub out the stuff that's stuck in fabric or carpet.

Edited by author Sat Apr 5, '14 1:01am PST

[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 11:13am PST 
Can you please explain this further? I don't get it.
[notify]
Hiro

Hiro Nakamura- "Time and Space- Traveler"

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 3:19pm PST 
Yes that wasn't clear ... The fur from my dog came off in bunches, from rubbing it with a latex glove on my hand.
[notify]

Fitzcairn

Where's the- Ball?! Throw- the ball!!!

Barked: Sat Apr 5, '14 5:49am PST 
Great tip, Hiro!
We have a Setter mix that sheds long fur. That might save Mom from dragging the sweeper out to the car smile
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sat Apr 5, '14 6:23am PST 
Cool, I wonder if your trick would work on clothing too, not just carpet. It could save me a fortune on sticky rollers.
[notify]