GO!

Best odor neutralizer

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Sassafras

My head is- broken, not my- heart!!

Barked: Sun Nov 7, '10 7:47am PST 
What do you use for odor/stain removal? I'm pretty big on Nature's Miracle myself! Or the Fabreez pet one.
[notify]
Quentin- Flagg

King Q - king of clown- town

Barked: Sun Nov 7, '10 8:00am PST 
Nature's Miracle all the way. It is the best stuff on the market, IMO.
[notify]
Sadie and- Oakley

Twice the dog ~- Twice the- trouble :p

Barked: Sun Nov 7, '10 8:35am PST 
Nature's Miracle and Febreeze pet one are the two we use too. THey work the best for us!!!
[notify]

Allee, Bama,- and Brodie- Bear!

Roll Tide- Roll!!! ;)

Barked: Sun Nov 7, '10 9:38am PST 
I like OUT! brand from walmart.
We use their potty mats and the hard surface stain/odor remover for the potty mat area on our ceramic. It smells nice also.
When I lived at my apt we had a lot of carpet and trained all 3 dogs there. Then I used the OUT pet stain and odor remover for carpet.

Just for refreshing the sofa and rugs I like Glade fabric and air for pet odor, and Renuzit fabric for pet odors.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sun Nov 7, '10 6:22pm PST 
Nature's Miracle is an excellent product. I use it too. I think Simple Solution is good too. Both these products are enzyme cleaners. These cleaners actually break down the pet messes instead of covering them up. There are other cleaners that are enzyme based too.

Fabreeze pet, never tried it, but i don't like the smell of the regular kind. Smells like chemicals to me. It creeps me out because I am reminded of hospitals when I smell it.
[notify]
Sargent &- Dutchess CGC

Barked: Sun Nov 7, '10 9:26pm PST 
Odorban works great but when I spray just a little bit it makes me hack and cough. Thats probably not such a good thing.shrug
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 12:33pm PST 
We dilute the Odo-Ban with water, can't imagine using full strength!
[notify]
ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 2:30pm PST 
I think NM has a strong alcohol smell. I prefer Simple Solution.

Whatever you prefer, I would look for an cleaner with enzymes that break down the protein in the stains.
[notify]
Uschi

Forever My Sweet- Orsolya

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 4:19pm PST 
I have been 100% satisfied with my Nature's Miracle from the moment Uschi had diarrhea on my white carpet. I blotted what I could, poured on the NM, let it sit for no more than 5 minutes and blotted again... NO stain whatsoever!!! Nothing else I've tried comes close. I also use OxyClean in generous amounts if I'm washing something the cat peed on confused and that's worked very well also.
[notify]
Puck

Where is my- Daddy? I want- to play!

Barked: Tue Nov 9, '10 1:56pm PST 
On carpet definitely Nature's Miracle. We've been using it for years and wouldn't use anything else. For fabrics and that "dog smell" I use Febreze. Both have worked very well so why change it!puppy
[notify]