GO!

urine in mattress

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Bingley

Cookie Monster

Barked: Sun Nov 7, '10 2:26pm PST 
It is an odd request, but ask a company that steam cleans carpets to clean your mattress. I work for a carpet cleaning co. and we've done mattresses for people. Make sure that you let them know what it's for, and they can use commercial urine removers. We use one that my boss tested and it successfully removes the urine stain... I'll have to see if we have any at the shop and let you know what it is.

If you're worried about your mattress staying wet, make sure you get a company that uses a truck mount system (they have better suction then portable systems) and ask that they do a dry pass. It won't dry it, but will suck a lot of the excess moisture out and help the drying process.
[notify]
Theodore aka- Teddy - **CGC**

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Sun Nov 7, '10 6:11pm PST 
Bingley--that is a good idea, thanks!

As for Nature's Miracle, from what I understand, it was started by a couple who got divorced recently, and one got the name and one got the formula. Nature's Miracle is now called "Pet-tastic" or something cheesy like that. I am too lazy to get up and look at the bottle laugh out loud
[notify]
JR 1995-July- 31, 2013

I'm just a wild- and crazy guy!

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 9:39am PST 
Hiya Teddywave...unfortunately we have WAY too much experience with trying to remove doggy pee from surfaces. Darn leaky old dogs!laugh out loud
I've tried all kinds of different products but the one I've found to be the most effective is called SCOE 10X. It works like a charm.
[notify]

Theodore aka- Teddy - **CGC**

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 10:59am PST 
awwww, Thanks JR, my pal! I will see if I can find that. After Nature's Miracle and baking soda, the smell is almost gone, as in you can't smell it unless you bury your nose in the mattress, but I would rather have all the stench gone! It's a new mattress and it would be nice to have it smelling new-ish again!
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3