GO!

Steam Clean Carpets?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Fri Nov 5, '10 1:05pm PST 
The only thing that will help carpet stains is either the Bissell SpotBot (or similar cleaner) which spot cleans, or a steam cleaner that will clean the entire basement. If you don't think you'll need it a ton, you could rent a steam cleaner on your own, borrow from a friend, or get a service to come do it for you. That's really your only option other than replacing the carpet.
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Sun Nov 7, '10 2:40pm PST 
You can always add a scoop of Oxi_clean to your cleaners solution mixed with water ...for stains.... wink

Hugs & Farts
Thor..wave

We use a Hover steamvac...

Edited by author Sun Nov 7, '10 2:43pm PST

[notify]
Odin

Barked: Thu Nov 11, '10 9:26pm PST 
My college apt had DISGUSTING carpet when I moved in. I rented a RugDoctor from the grocery store for a day for $24 dollars. It was worth it. I used the Bissel Pet formula one time and the Great Value pet formula once when we were housebreaking Odin. It took care of the smell and the stains.
[notify]

♥- DarlaMae - ♥

I Am- Iron Nose- !

Barked: Fri Nov 12, '10 9:27pm PST 
Bissel here as well,works great. Pretreat & You really need to go over a second time for those stained spots, with a fresh batch of Water. It really helps get the deepstuff out.silenced I Second NAtures Miracle & Oxy(test for color fastness of rug first). Good luck.dog

Edited by author Fri Nov 12, '10 9:29pm PST

[notify]
Aster

Let's go for a- swim

Barked: Fri Nov 12, '10 10:16pm PST 
We converted to a hardwood floor about 15 puppies ago. The Spot Bot is great for carpets. Even with the best techniques, there will be accidents in housebreaking. A good steam cleaning is a good idea, either the rental mentioned or professional. Make sure a pet odor enzymee is used.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Nov 13, '10 4:03am PST 
I have a Rug Doctor - love it!! I use Oxyclean to get the stains out. We get all kinda stains from both critters and company spilling things. way to go
[notify]
Trixie

Lookin' Pretty

Barked: Sat Nov 13, '10 7:07am PST 
We have a Hoover steam cleaner, and it works well. For us, with 3 dogs in the house and a lot of carpeting, it paid to buy the extended warranty. We put our steam cleaner to heavy use and when the first one started leaking, we got a new one, hassle free.

We pretreat stains with Nature's Miracle, let sit several minutes, then go over it with the steam cleaner. We use the Bissell allergen formula in the green bottle. Works well.
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Sat Nov 13, '10 4:02pm PST 
I use plain Borax and water to clean spots. It works really well on stains- even old stains. I've since moved to a house with all tile, but since I'm expecting to move again in January I'll likely be back to at least partial carpet. I'm not looking forward to it. frown
[notify]
Baby

Barked: Sat Nov 13, '10 8:03pm PST 
My son has a cleaning business. He told me before putting any spot cleaner on a stain, to use cool water. I'm surprised how much it helps.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Nov 15, '10 12:49pm PST 
Just cleaned the carpets and the water came back brown, yeesh! The carpets aren't that old either!!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2