GO!

Steam Clean Carpets?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 8:19am PST 
Everyone is talking about them! The steam cleaner.

How does everyone here clean their carpets without the harsh chemicals, I know you can steam clean garments, but what about carpets?

If not, What can I use? Chloe still has a problem with sometimes making accidents in the house. and I need to get them out =s my carpet is looking gross.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 8:26am PST 
We have a Bissell pet steam vac and use their pet odor eliminator formula. We don't have to use it often, maybe twice a year max. So far the pets have not had a problem with the solution used.
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 8:49am PST 
We have the same thing way to go It came in really handy while house training Harlow!
[notify]

Riley CGC- DSA

Designer Mutt!

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 9:09am PST 
We have the same thing. It works amazing and ours has a function where you can go back over it and rinse it with hot water. So that helps get rid of the lingering chemicals!
[notify]
Zooey, CGC

Everybody loves- Zooey

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 9:28am PST 
I was actually just looking into this because I'm about to move into a house that previously housed a cat and I'm quite allergic to cats!

I haven't tried it yet, but rumor has it you can just do equal parts hot water and equal parts vinegar. If the smell is still a problem you can then sprinkle baking soda over the area, let it completely dry, and vacuum it up the next day.

I'm really hoping this works! Unfortunately the girl that rented before me also kept the litter box in the bedroom closet and wasn't too great at cleaning it out so it REEKS.
[notify]
Our Gang

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 9:58am PST 
We just put Natures miracle in the water and run that through the cleaner
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 10:12am PST 
Zooey, It isn't a smell problem, We sometimes do what you stated, it's a stain problem. Between chloe's accidents and stupid friends that are a mess and spill things, (oh and people walking on it with shoes on) it's a dirty carpet (but smells pretty decent)
[notify]
Reilly-A- Gentle- Soul-RIP

No Electric- Fence for Me!

Barked: Fri Nov 5, '10 12:22pm PST 
Get engineered hardwood flooring.
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Fri Nov 5, '10 1:01pm PST 
I have hardwood in my whole house but the basement which we just renovated.

Basements must have carpet because it's too cold otherwise.

Hardwood wont help.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Fri Nov 5, '10 1:04pm PST 
I got a vapor jet steam cleaner and use that instead of chemicals. It's done a good job of erasing all the dried muddy prints Chance seems to track in daily plus getting rid of the more ground in dirt. It's also gotten rid of some stains from the previous owner and stains cleaners couldn't remove. It leaves the carpets softer and clean smelling. With the right steam setting, the carpets are completely dry in under an hour.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2