GO!

It sticks to everything

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Kilkenny's- Saint Samson

Barked: Wed Nov 3, '10 9:32pm PST 
Samson's undercoat is actually wavy (you'd never guess). But for some awesome reason, the hair from his undercoat sticks to everything. EVERYTHING. Counters. Books. Walls. I've even found it on the ceiling. And when I try and wipe it off I either a) go through a lot of paper towels/toilet paper or b) just relocate most of the hairs to new venues a few inches away.
Does anyone have any tips for dealing with hair that is everywhere? I brush him frequently, bathe him regularly, he's on a good diet. And I'm a clean-inclined, so I try to keep my house as tidy as possible. It's rather frustrating! lol
[notify]
Ace

ball..what- ball??

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 6:11am PST 
other than brushing i have no advice for you. we brush every other day and vacuume once a day here and have no problems with hair. Does this happen all the time or just lately? My aussies have been losing alot more hair than normal lately and I think they are getting ready to grow their winter coats in, could just be the weather!
[notify]
Zooey, CGC

Everybody loves- Zooey

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 6:18am PST 
Does your vacuum have a hose attachment for it? The only way that I've found to completely get rid of hair is to vacuum it. I even vacuum my shower. I've come to love the brush attachment for both removing hair and dusting! Otherwise, like you said, it just gets "moved" around, which drives me up the wall because I am a clean freak!
[notify]

Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 6:40am PST 
I bet you're talking about that very fine, soft undercoat? It's so light that it just floats through the air and lands on everything? I agree that vacuum attachments really help. I've got one with a pet hair turbo brush that works great on fabric surfaces. I also use a damp cleaning cloth to pick up the hair first on hard surfaces that I can't vacuum, then go over it with another cloth with a cleaning solution.

My pup has an undercoat that is grey, so I have downy grey tumbleweeds in corners, on the chandelier, you name it. So much fun...
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Fri Nov 5, '10 1:12pm PST 
Tanuk's guard coat is wavy too. Sad to say I find it stuck to my bras pretty frequently. red face I brush him with a rake type brush every day, which helps tons.
[notify]
Mikey

You know you- want to pet me

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 8:22am PST 
I've got Mikey's fur in a blanket that has been through the laundry 2 or 3 times and I still can't get the fur out. Drives me batty.

Mikey has decided that he likes sleeping on the bed with me. (I could kick him off). I've put an old sheet over my comforter to keep his fur off of everything but it only keeps the fur off of where he's directly laying.
And it does not come off of flannel sheets easily. Every night before bed, I use a lent roller on my sheets and pillows.

Dog fur gets everywhere.
[notify]