GO!

Animal Safe Oven Cleaner

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Tue Nov 2, '10 8:49am PST 
So my oven needs to be cleaned and I don't know what to use! It has to be animal safe because I have both a dog and ferret, and the ferret is very sensitive to chemicals.

I don't have a self cleaning oven, and last time I tried baking soda and water, but that was sort of a bust.. I couldn't get it on the sides or roof of the oven, and it was hard to get out (I still have baking soda in the oven from last time..)

Does anyone have a 'green' option that I can use? that really works, I'm sort of a whimp and am weak, so a lot of scrubbing wont work for me HAH.
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Tue Nov 2, '10 9:16am PST 
Sorry, my only suggestions is the baking soda and water one....always worked for us.

It does take some time (and a lot of wet rags) to get the baking soda residue out...

Once your oven is clean again, you should consider lining the bottom with some tinfoil. Cuts down on how often you need to clean.
[notify]