GO!

What does your dog smell like?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Pepsie

*Pepsie the- Papillon*

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 8:42am PST 
Um... Pepsie just smells like a dog but she stinks when she comes back in the house from being outside. The family doesn't mind her smell(I guess we just all became immune to Pepsie's smell) but my sister HATES her smell(apprantly, she hasn't gotten immune to the smell, after living with Pepsie for 3 years). She will always complain and make comments like, "Pepsie stinks!" My sister DOES like Pepsie's smell after a bath butpuppy
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 9:35am PST 
Bella only smells if you put your nose in her fur. And she loves to roll in the grass at the dog park. because of the dirt she needs a bath every couple weeks, but not because of her smell.

Daisy stinks. Even after a bath. No matter what has been tried (dawn, natures miracle, medicated shampoos, multiple natural kind).
[notify]
Mikey

You know you- want to pet me

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 9:37am PST 
Mikey definitely doesn't stink. I couldn't tell you what he smells like. It kind of smells of nothing. I'll bury my nose in his fur and I truly can't smell anything.
Now, when we come in from the rain, he has that typical "wet dog" smell, but once he dries, no smell. Which is great because I don't have to bath him but once or twice a year.

I'm a bit paranoid of having a smelly dog so when a friend says hi to Mikey, I'll always ask them if Mikey stinks and thus far, everyone says no.
Some guy had a lab that wandered over to me and I gave him a petting on his side and the smell on my hand was off the chart. The dog was so stinky. I can't believe the guy didn't smell it or didn't care. Oh man it was bad.

Over the summer Mikey did take an accidental fall into my sisters swimming pool and when I got him out, omd did he stink. He was difficult to be around smelling like that. The smell was like "wet dog" times 10. Awful.
I don't know how the chlorine made him smell so bad. Luckily the next day there was no smell.
[notify]

Glimmer- Pixie Tail

I'm just a- punkin' head

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 9:37am PST 
It's the strangest thing. Glimmer smells like pumpkin pie. I asked her breeder if she had ever fed her pumpkin or used a pumpkin shampoo on her. I've bathed her twice now and her body gets the smell of babydog shampoo that we use, but her head still smells like pumpkins. big laugh

Bella usually smells like her shampoo, sometimes she smells like dad's aftershave if she's been cuddling him.

Rosco smells like Feet. I've started bathing him with Babydog and that seems to last longer than other shampoos we've used, but his smell is like salty corn chips or feet.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 9:38am PST 
When the kids get that funky smell, they get a bath and then they smell like coconuts!! happy dance
[notify]
Loki

My, what big- ears you have

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 9:44am PST 
Loki has no smell, really. If she's been playing with other dogs and is covered in spit silenced then she might smell a little 'doggie' but even that goes away without a bath. When she's wet she smells like wet wool. I actually kinda like it. big grin

Her breath smells like sweet clover. laugh out loud She kinda smells like fresh cut hay sometimes...that's the closest I can come to describing it...
[notify]
Neeko

I listen...when- I want to

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 10:05am PST 
Neeko smells like...Neeko. To me she smells wonderful, but I only smell her if I bury my face in her fur. It's an earthy scent. Almost a hint of pine or rosemary. Her breath doesn't have a smell, unless she has eaten the cats food. Oh, I miss puppy breath!!
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 10:44am PST 
On kibble Max smelled dusty, a nice smell but his ears sometimes smelled greasy. On raw he smells like the grooming spray, lavender, even better. He never has a wet dog smell.

Sassy smelled awful on kibble, wet dog all the time. On home cooking she smelled much better but nothing like Max's nice smell.

Artie isn't too stinky but not as nice as Max. I never knew dogs could smell good!
[notify]
Loki

My, what big- ears you have

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 10:52am PST 
Neeko - Loki's breath only smells when she eats the cat's, uh...hint: not food. laugh out loud
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 10:52am PST 
Bruno smells like nothing, maybe a faint smell kind of like grass hay, except when he's wet and then he smells like a wet dog. (Not as bad as some dogs, though.) Ginger was the same.

Maggie smells doggy, though, except right after a bath... it takes a week or so for the doggy smell to come back. It's not unpleasant to me, but some of my family have complained (my prissy stepsister, of course..)

Happy STINKS. He has bad BO. He needs a bath once a month or so to prevent it becoming overwhelming.

I think it's interesting that in my experience, the dogs I've had with a short double coat have no smell, and the longhaired ones stink.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9