GO!

Solutions for shedding?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
♥Harl- ey - CGC- SDIT

The ultimate- oversized lap- dog

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 8:41pm PST 
Well my Pugs shed like they are molting all year round. Its very normal for the breed but also very disgusting because it gets EVERYWHERE! I have started supplimenting their food with "The Missing Link" and it has cut is down AMAZINGLY! But there is still a LOT!I also have a "furminator" that I use weekly. I love Pugs and will ALWAYS have them but I wish they'd create a non shedding Pug! That would be the greatest thing that could ever happen to the breed. Any ideas besides what we are already doing?
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 9:11pm PST 
Nope, we have tried everything for our bulldog and the vet says they just shed.
[notify]
Kateigh

Let's play!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 9:12pm PST 
Honey, I have the same problem with our dogs.. I've found brushing them cuts down on it alot.. I use lent rollers and shark vacs also..
[notify]

Kateigh

Let's play!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 9:13pm PST 
Honey, I have the same problem with our dogs.. I've found brushing them cuts down on it alot.. I use lent rollers and shark vacs also..
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Thu Oct 28, '10 1:25pm PST 
I find that decorating ones house so that it looks like a snowglobe helps.
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Thu Oct 28, '10 2:22pm PST 
Tanuk big laughbig laughbig laugh
[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Thu Oct 28, '10 4:34pm PST 
On crappy kibble Cooper shed like CRAZY. I couldn't pick him up without being covered. When I switched him to premium foods I noticed a tremendous reduction in that. Still a bit on me and on like my bed where his spot to sleep is. Since switching to raw his shedding is nearly non-existent. I'd venture to say he only sheds about as much as my min pin does now, which means a bit after bathtime and that's about it.

Not sure if you're interested in switching up your pups diet but I'll more than testify raw has helped in that realm. All of them used to blow coat a few times a year too. We made the switch in February and there hasn't been any more of those since then either.way to go
[notify]
Pippin-CGC-R- IP Sweet Boy

Gone Far Too- Soon

Barked: Thu Oct 28, '10 5:06pm PST 
Groom until you think your arm will fall off...& that doesn't always work here!eeklaugh out loud
[notify]
Pepper

Got food? I- can be bought ya- know....

Barked: Thu Oct 28, '10 6:00pm PST 
Tanuk, laugh out loudbig laugh
We're going with the wild west theme this year.
Sort of a tumble weed thing.....
(insert whistle for "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" here."
dog
[notify]
Saddlebacks Huckleberry Finn

Im a Lover not a- Fighter!

Barked: Thu Oct 28, '10 6:23pm PST 
I found Lipiderm helps to keep Huck's shedding to just small black blobs instead of large ones and he has a beautiful shiney coat too. I think feeding a quality diet is really important as well and he is on Merrick's Cowboy Cookout and as a topper canned Wellness Stew or Taste of the Wild
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2